SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Continued Winter Banter.

Ericjcrash

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol.. And you wonder why people troll you. 

No one trolls me. I'm posting my honest opinion.

You are not getting a lot of snow if NYC is 100% rain with this system. You have to hope NYC sees at least 3" and then rain. It would mean the interior would hold on for a few more hours and receive 6"+. 1983-1999 is over. You are stuck in the past.

That's a perfectly fine explanation.

Not my fault you have seen 2" of snow this year while NYC and LI have seen 30"-45".

No one trolls me. I'm posting my honest opinion.

You are not getting a lot of snow if NYC is 100% rain with this system. You have to hope NYC sees at least 3" and then rain. It would mean the interior would hold on for a few more hours and receive 6"+. 1983-1999 is over. You are stuck in the past.

That's a perfectly fine explanation.

Not my fault you have seen 2" of snow this year while NYC and LI have seen 30"-45".

Congrats on your 2-3 years of "above average snowfall" your "big season" is our average dude.. Com'on... And we're ALL... Above average the last decade up here too

Congrats on your 2-3 years of "above average snowfall" your "big season" is our average dude.. Com'on... And we're ALL... Above average the last decade up here too

OK there.

2014-2015 (Whitestone, NY): 59.3"

2013-2014 (Astoria, NY): 57.1"

2012-2013 (Astoria, NY): 29.0"

2011-2012 (Astoria, NY): 5.4"

2010-2011 (Astoria, NY): 59.0"

2009-2010 (Astoria, NY): 48.0"

2008-2009 (Bayside, NY): 33.4"

You were NEVER referring to this storm.. U said "NEVER" and "IMPOSSIBLE" for

Interior to snow while coast is all rain... Nothing to do with this storm

I clearly meant this storm and in most cases. Since the 2002, it doesn't occur that often anymore. In the 1990s and 1980s it happened several times a winter.

Since 2002, rare.

I clearly meant this storm and in most cases. Since the 2002, it doesn't occur that often anymore. In the 1990s and 1980s it happened several times a winter.

Since 2002, rare.

Exceedingly common back then, and frustrating as hell!  I wonder what has changed.  Given the sample period (on both sides) it seems more than pure chance.

14 here this morning sounds warm.  This is the forecast above 4k feet in the Dacks:

Tonight

Snow showers likely, mainly between midnight and 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -14. Wind chill values as low as -35. Windy, with a southwest wind 31 to 36 mph decreasing to 18 to 23 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Saturday

Partly sunny and cold, with a temperature falling to around -25 by 5pm. Wind chill values as low as -58. Windy, with a northwest wind 26 to 28 mph.

Saturday Night

Partly cloudy, with a low around -37. Wind chill values as low as -70. Windy, with a north wind 28 to 37 mph.

Archived