• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Continued Winter Banter.

Ericjcrash

Have to laugh at a rainstorm two days after record lows. Nature finding every possible way to screw the mid Hudson Valley out of a big snowstorm this winter.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

At least we have a robust cold snap to show for our awful snow totals. If there's one thing worse than a snowless winter, it's a snowless winter without any subzero readings.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

on 1/7/1918 NYC picked up a half inch of rain after the coldest and longest arctic outbreak in history......

http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lccn/sn83030214/1918-01-07/ed-1/seq-1/

http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lccn/sn83030214/1918-01-07/ed-1/seq-14/

on 1/14/1968 NYC picked up 1.30" of rain after a week long arctic outbreak with five single digit days...I remember watching the heavy rain that evening and thinking what a waste of cold we just had...

Nice find about terrible with its meteo facts. Why us a wind chill on the mountain but not for the park. "Whiteface was -114 while Central Park could only muster -1"

So I just have to cherish this moment after the 1.5" in wantagh I'm over 40" for the season and the area jackpot currently. I don't that has had, or ever will happen again this late in a winter. It wasn't just the blizzard in Nassau we had multiple other jackpots some small and one large. Pretty nuts. And still plenty to go. Not to go "there" but our climo is just nuts. From record warm December to 40" with more to come. Even I didn't believe it could happen with my forecast being 20-30.

So I just have to cherish this moment after the 1.5" in wantagh I'm over 40" for the season and the area jackpot currently. I don't that has had, or ever will happen again this late in a winter. It wasn't just the blizzard in Nassau we had multiple other jackpots some small and one large. Pretty nuts. And still plenty to go. Not to go "there" but our climo is just nuts. From record warm December to 40" with more to come. Even I didn't believe it could happen with my forecast being 20-30.

Well, we're going through the cutter you said you thought would transpire. I hope you're right about another biggie for the coast and a good shalocking for our inland friends.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived