joxey
Moderate/Heavy Snow Possible Tuesday/Wednesday 01/12-01/13

dryslot

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feeling 2-4" up here.

Feeling 2-4" up here.

That would be a win.  2" was my win criteria for this storm last friday.  But it seems some precip fields put us in a gap between more to our N and NE and more to our S and SE.  I think the RGEM last night showed this but so did the NAM.  So I don't feel confident for higher amounts.

HRRR really has an interesting second part of squalls overnight. I'm not sure it's totally right, but other mesos have hinted at it.

The initial band is really impressive in E MA on the HRRR. Kind of meh in central areas. Starts to blow up as it moves past ORH.

The initial band is really impressive in E MA on the HRRR. Kind of meh in central areas. Starts to blow up as it moves past ORH.

Yeah, a little surprised it didn't get going earlier. I'm still torn about Boston. You can clearly see on meso models like the RPM...it's snow where it's coming down heavy. It is trying to offset WAA in the beginning. 

How does this setup compare with the squalls that came through here? I believe it was in early December 2003, think they came through around 7-9am and caused traffic to come to a stand still.

If I remember right that was more of region wide squall line that came through, where the models here are popping the line a little east of ORH.

Not a forecast - just a caution flag.

Some of us use all available guidance to make a forecast while others just use whichever model shows the most snow. 

15 minute loop is uber interesting and whats up with batch 2, that is a relatively new intense line especially for the south coast and LI

15 minute loop is uber interesting and whats up with batch 2, that is a relatively new intense line especially for the south coast and LI

Yeah - we'll see.

I think things look better farther east. We're pretty much waiting for the last minute blossoming of the precip shield. It certainly could happen 30 or 40 miles east of where the NAM is showing which would basically cause a shut out for most of my forecast area. It's a hard forecast because if the NAM is right it becomes a high impact event - if other guidance is right it's NBD. Lots of uncertainty. 

Pretty much nowcast time hopefully 12z gives a better estimate

Yeah - we'll see.

I think things look better farther east. We're pretty much waiting for the last minute blossoming of the precip shield. It certainly could happen 30 or 40 miles east of where the NAM is showing which would basically cause a shut out for most of my forecast area. It's a hard forecast because if the NAM is right it becomes a high impact event - if other guidance is right it's NBD. Lots of uncertainty.

Archived