CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Moderate/Heavy Snow Possible Tuesday/Wednesday 01/12-01/13

dryslot

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love BTV and they do a phenomenal job but that widespread 4"+ forecast is a bit puzzling given how these things usually turn out...east of us. Plus all the models look better in SVT and NH which has no advisory.

My argument was wait 12 hours, mid shift should have more confidence and we can all upgrade at the same time rather than this patchwork. Because we don't have enough confidence to upgrade to warnings here, yet.

hope its in Lava Rock, Jeffafa, Ocean St area. Would make up for their incessant whining in last years Feb retro storm, lol jk guys

I whine only because we spit the bit on that forecast.

This one I feel we've done a great job with so far. Even if it tickles weaker, we haven't put ourselves too far out there yet. At the same time I think everyone is aware it will snow tomorrow, and it may be heavy.

Yeah. I think most are expecting a slushy coating at worst. But 2-3" right during the PM rush would yield gridlock.

If you have the means, I suggest an early exit tomorrow. Expect widespread amateur snow driving.

What makes the potential dangerous, is that you may get a quick inch or two in 1 hour...so those rates will accumulate on the roads even at 32-33F and then 90 minutes later you are 27F and falling. That flash freeze scenario is the worst possible for the roads.

Almost nobody will be prepared for that if it happens tomorrow.

It seems like it may be more end of commute for BOS which helps. But still, could be a quick hitting, high impact deal if rds ice up.

Even a inch of semi-melted stuff that then freezes up on the interstates will cause massive issues...that's almost worst because plows can't do anything about it if it's under like 2".

Even a inch of semi-melted stuff that then freezes up on the interstates will cause massive issues...that's almost worst because plows can't do anything about it if it's under like 2".

Yeah for sure. Well we'll see. No need to scare people, but it's a possibility if it really comes down and drops a quick 1-2.

Doesn't always hold true for the hi-res stuff, but this is one situation where they can score some points. The really potent shortwave with dynamic development can lead the global suite astray sometimes.

So it wouldn't surprise me if the RGEM or NAM came close to the end result, even though this event was towards the end of their ranges.

Archived