Newest Member
    joxey
Moderate/Heavy Snow Possible Tuesday/Wednesday 01/12-01/13

dryslot

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's awe-inspiring.

BOX seems to be a fan of western MA; no one here seems to agree.  Or maybe it's just because no one lives here.

W of the valley should do ok...the CT valley itself isn't looking so hot...but maybe up toward hippy it will be ok.

That's awe-inspiring.

BOX seems to be a fan of western MA; no one here seems to agree.  Or maybe it's just because no one lives here.

I think its that.  Most here are focused on the high-impacts of 1-3" in eastern Mass at rush hour.  Which is definitely legit.

I think you'll do fine overall with a few inches, similar to S.VT in some ways.  The best will be closer to the Berkshire crest though and up the Southern Green highlands.  I think you'll do fine relatively speaking with a backed southeast flow in the low levels and SW flow aloft.

Looks like a west shift with the heaviest access on the 12z RGEM as it gets LP going a tic or two sooner

attachicon.gifSN_000-048_0000.gif

Sweet. Why did NWS have to mess with their website so much? Trying to look at probabilistic snowfall and all you get now is a small little pop-up map. I want a more detailed one like we used to have. Has it moved again?

http://www.weather.gov/gyx/winter

Looks good for Mitch's place in SVT

Maybe 3-4" up there, while I get 1", 2" if lucky.

Yeah that's been a hot spot on the models the past few days.  They do really good in these types of clippers that mix with some lake moisture.

And whenever there's an east to southeast flow. The nearest mesonet personal weather station had 2.2" of rain on Sunday while DDH and AQW had 0.58 and 0.83" respectively. There was a very strong shadow along US 7 corridor.

What is the radar telling us so far?  Looks like a heavy narrow band forming (connected to lake effect off Ontario?) and moving east almost into VT while precip blossoms in sNY.  Looks to me to be getting going and developing pretty quickly

Correct me if I'm wrong......but I think the upstream radars will lessen as things develop to the east so there will be a sucker hole of sorts between those two points.

Some of those models look like a darn squall line as it moves offshore...lol. Man.

Some? 4k NAM, HRRR, RAP, RGEM... It looks even better than yesterday. 6pm-9pm for us. It looks to me as if it trended cooler at the surface too. The minute the snow starts to come down heavy... Flips. Paste.

I know you weren't trying to down play but wow.. It almost looks like windex on roids.

Archived