CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Moderate/Heavy Snow Possible Tuesday/Wednesday 01/12-01/13

dryslot

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never slept on this shortwave. These late bloomers always have a few tricks.

Day shift will be interesting, but the evening shift will be the fun one up here.

can't say it any better

Garrett Arganis

Timing and intensity of snow can be more important than "how much" snow in determining real world impacts

Check out @GarettArgianas's Tweet: https://twitter.com/GarettArgianas/status/686745036466294784?s=09

can't say it any better

Garrett Arganis

Timing and intensity of snow can be more important than "how much" snow in determining real world impacts

Check out @GarettArgianas's Tweet: https://twitter.com/GarettArgianas/status/686745036466294784?s=09

Truth to that. We've been hitting the short duration, high impact part hard the last 24 hours.

Maybe you get 4", but maybe it falls in 2 hours.

Truth to that. We've been hitting the short duration, high impact part hard the last 24 hours.

That's what I'm worried about for E MA...it could be 2-3" but it falls in 90 minutes and flash freezes at the end.

In the Jan 28, 2010 windex event in ORH, I got 3.4" in 40 minutes with a flash freeze...and it occurred right at the evening commute. It was the highest impact event of the season easily. Had 3 separate flashes and rumbles of thunder too in it. Soundings were extremely similar to what the NAM is showing for tomorrow evening.

Well BTV has 4-6" (actually point and click is 4-9") over here so you guys must be going 10-16" or so right? Given model QPF that would be about the ratio between here and say Lewiston lol.

That's what I'm worried about for E MA...it could be 2-3" but it falls in 90 minutes and flash freezes at the end.

In the Jan 28, 2010 windex event in ORH, I got 3.4" in 40 minutes with a flash freeze...and it occurred right at the evening commute. It was the highest impact event of the season easily. Had 3 separate flashes and rumbles of thunder too in it. Soundings were extremely similar to what the NAM is showing for tomorrow evening.

Just about optimal timing tomorrow to screw up the evening commute.

Well BTV has 4-6" (actually point and click is 4-9") over here so you guys must be going 10-16" or so right? Given model QPF that would be about the ratio between here and say Lewiston lol.

I was all Scooter caution flags today with 24 hours to go, but nobody wanted to join that party.

I was all Scooter caution flags today with 24 hours to go, but nobody wanted to join that party.

I love BTV and they do a phenomenal job but that widespread 4"+ forecast is a bit puzzling given how these things usually turn out...east of us. Plus all the models look better in SVT and NH which has no advisory.

Archived