joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Moderate/Heavy Snow Possible Tuesday/Wednesday 01/12-01/13

dryslot

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I'm liking the general trend on this one the past 24h...and they often sneak better in the final 24h too when the vortmax goes south of us. We'll see though...wouldn't shock me if there was a surprise band of S+ for an hour or two somewhere that gives some 3"+ amounts.

That vortmax is key though...need it south and to stay a bit consolidated. Most guidance shows this sans the GFS which continues to be a disorganized mess with the strongest piece going well NW...which is why it keeps giving us the weakest solutions.

Meso models look pretty good at 18z. 4KM NAM really had a nice burst too.

BTV went all in... I think this is quite optimistic.

11JAN16B.jpg

My point and click has 4-9"...in town, not at elevation.

Tuesday
Snow likely, mainly after 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 26. South wind 6 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
Tuesday Night
Snow. Low around 18. South wind 6 to 9 mph becoming west after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
Wednesday
Snow showers likely, mainly before 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 20. West wind 13 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Wow at the RGEM!

Tough forecast for this one. I'm on tonight and am probably going to go c-1 for most in CT with 1-2 north, but there's a part of me that wants to go c-2/1-3 Lollies to 4. These events are where the rgem shines and I feel like we usually see them tick a little wetter/stronger in the final runup as opposed to the other way. Confidence isn't high enough to put that on a map though so c-1/1-2 it is.

Wow at the RGEM!

Tough forecast for this one. I'm on tonight and am probably going to go c-1 for most in CT with 1-2 north, but there's a part of me that wants to go c-2/1-3 Lollies to 4. These events are where the rgem shines and I feel like we usually see them tick a little wetter/stronger in the final runup as opposed to the other way. Confidence isn't high enough to put that on a map though so c-1/1-2 it is.

go conservative tonight and if mesos are good 6z go Major Tom Ziggy

Wow at the RGEM!

Yeah I'm not sold on the rain start even at BOS. It looks darn cold. 

Thing is you can't up them in the morning. The night forecasts are what the public sees , remembers and goes by . Safe call now is 1-3 with potential for 4+ in elevated areas

I wake up as most do check the weather and go to work. Most hear the car radio and go with that. My Doctors nurse told me that exact thing today when I said it probably will be snowing tomorrow for her commute. Unless its a morning storm people listen tonight then check in the AM, still 18-24 hrs before start time,also people don't care if its 1 inch or 4, same commute result. If it were me Id hit the heavy squall angle

I wake up as most do check the weather and go to work. Most hear the car radio and go with that. My Doctors nurse told me that exact thing today when I said it probably will be snowing tomorrow for her commute. Unless its a morning storm people listen tonight then check in the AM, still 18-24 hrs before start time

Weather info is so accessible these days. So people have access to it all day long. Someone can just pull out their phone and volia! They see the weather.

I wake up as most do check the weather and go to work. Most hear the car radio and go with that. My Doctors nurse told me that exact thing today when I said it probably will be snowing tomorrow for her commute. Unless its a morning storm people listen tonight then check in the AM, still 18-24 hrs before start time,also people don't care if its 1 inch or 4, same commute result. If it were me Id hit the heavy squall angle

The car radio? I don't know anyone that goes by that . Most aren't listening to FM radio in 2016. If they were, they heard Maxons forecast from last Friday this morning

when you dont leave the house unless its transportation for kids listening to teeny bopper tunes its hard to get a grasp on the common man.

I just listen to podcasts. Rarely the radio other than some sports

Anyways. Blizz sniffed this one out and we can pay him on the :weenie: later. But there is a maximum this will get to

2". 4". I doubt anyone in SNE gets more than 3 but maybe Conifer Connection gets the 4

Archived