Newest Member
    joxey
Moderate/Heavy Snow Possible Tuesday/Wednesday 01/12-01/13

dryslot

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When can the RGEM come into play?

It was snowing here at hr 51 on the 18z GFS, So probably 06z it will be in its range well inside 48 hrs

UQam has the RGEM going out to 54 hrs. on 6Z and 18Z runs

http://meteocentre.com/models/explorateur.php?lang=en&map=na&run=18&mod=gemreg&stn=PNMPR&comp=1&run2=18&mod2=gemreg&stn2=PNMPR&hh2=048&fixhh=1&stn2_type=prog&mode=latest&yyyy=latest&mm=latest&dd=latest&hh=054

I'd be pretty darn excited if I were you...could definitely see how this trends into a low-end warning event for your area.

I'm optimistic at this point, Like to see if the models at 0z continue shifting the heavier access of snow back this way, I'm already counting on a few inches but could get real lucky

The euro op seems most bullish. It has a surprise zone basically ORH-BOS and north. It's got QPF in SE MA too...but it may be too warm there, save for Walpole/Sharon etc.  My thoughts haven't changed, except if there were to be a zone of >2" it may be ORH/ORH county east, where it's cold enough. 

Some of the meso models are sort of showing a heavy band of precip developing as it moves into eastern areas. Probably the start of theta-e injection. It would make for a tricky commute, because it would likely be one of those possible starts as rain, but flips to parachutes or even mixed with graupel since it's convective and very cold aloft. Could be one of those real wild 60 min periods of kitchen sink ptype near Boston. It also looks like some light snow ahead of a weak warm front feature after like 1-3pm too.  I think CT hills near Kevin probably could eek out an inch as it will likely be snow there. 

Archived