Newest Member
    joxey
January Mid/long Range Winter Discussion

Wow

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Grit you think we can pull off the

MLK storm without help from the Thursday storm. Probably looking through euro op goggles, but last night it set it up big time for MLK. Curious to your thoughts on this. The ens still look actually a few ticks better today for Thursday. Personally I'd take it and be content with whatever else happens, just because whatever we get would last a few days with some cold and prime climo. Been a while since we had a snow hang around 4,5 ,6days afterwards. Thnx

So Grit you think we can pull off the

MLK storm without help from the Thursday storm. Probably looking through euro op goggles, but last night it set it up big time for MLK. Curious to your thoughts on this. The ens still look actually a few ticks better today for Thursday. Personally I'd take it and be content with whatever else happens, just because whatever we get would last a few days with some cold and prime climo. Been a while since we had a snow hang around 4,5 ,6days afterwards. Thnx

I think it's possible, yes.  Get high pressure in here like last night's run and it's game on.  Also, if there's ever a case where things trend south, or don't trend north over time, it's when we have abnormal blocking in place.

Thought GFS would be off the split PV train and sending a piece to southern Manitoba, looks like the 12z Euro Para did the same and that kills any snow chance of snow in the SE or even MA.

That would be funny if that happened, it would push back any meaningful snowfall for a lot of folks in the east.

Thought GFS would be off the split PV train and sending a piece to southern Manitoba, looks like the 12z Euro Para did the same and that kills any snow chance of snow in the SE or even MA.

That would be funny if that happened, it would push back any meaningful snowfall for a lot of folks in the east.

Yes. Back to next winter.

18z says nada on next week.

fwiw - NWS here said at 8:00 this morning - clearing and 76 --- it is cloudy, rainy and the high topped at a nice 64.

now - if a 12 hour local can't be called, why could a 10 day, or even a 5 day regional????

there's still hope, i hope ...

Not being gloomy, just honest lol. We'll see what the coming days bring.

But there is no reason to be that way in such a short amount of time. It hasn't even been a day. It was good, then not so good. No reason it can't be good again. The mood swings in such a short time and thr overall negativity by the same folks is silly.

But there is no reason to be that way in such a short amount of time. It hasn't even been a day. It was good, then not so good. No reason it can't be good again. The mood swings in such a short time and thr overall negativity by the same folks is silly.

The models looked great. Now they look like trash. What's to be positive OR negative about?

No one complained yesterday when everyone jumped on the favorable models.  There was no reason to do that either.  It is what it is. Basically, the models are swinging rapidly between vastly different solutions.  Best advice is to do what I've been doing. Ignore them all and wait.

I'm 100% certain that Brad P. reads this thread. haha. He just posted that everyone was jumping on one model last night even though the ensembles did not support it.. also mentioned the energy is still over russia and asia and way too far out.

I don't even know that it's people "jumping on" a model when it shows something positive. It's just more exciting when it shows something positive and puts you in a swell mood and makes you happy and wanna talk about it and stuff.

It's all about vibes, man. Happy people are engaging people. Being indifferent is the way to be though.

I don't even know that it's people "jumping on" a model when it shows something positive. It's just more exciting when it shows something positive and puts you in a swell mood and makes you happy and wanna talk about it and stuff.

It's all about vibes, man. Happy people are engaging people. Being indifferent is the way to be though.

I disagree.  I've walked the planet a long time. I would advise tempering extremes rather than indifference  

Archived