Newest Member
    joxey
January Mid/long Range Winter Discussion

Wow

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our locat met is talking about it....Chris Justus, Meteorologist

*SNOW THREAT* I have been telling you the pattern is ripe for wintry weather and now we have a few threats to watch. The upcoming cold air is something I'm fairly confident about. The approaching moisture-packed systems and their strength and track are things I'm not confident about yet. I'll have a full video update today by 4:30pm and tonight on WYFF News 4 at 6pm.

Timeline Photos · 1 hour ago · Facebook Mentions ·

View Full Size · Report Photo

Isn't he like some weekend guy? I remember he once tweeted the NWS uses 100% model data in their grids. He also thinks AGW is a top-down government conspiracy. Anyway...I have a hard time believing his hype and thoughts. 

The 12z GEFS is fired up for the 17th/18th

Yeah, overall the mean looked similar to the 00z run.  All we can really do at this point is hope to continue seeing the big picture items - west based block, PV lobe underneath, el nino feeding pacific waves.  The GFS members at 204 give the picture of the widely varied solutions (to be expected at that time range).

http://mp1.met.psu.edu/~fxg1/ENSHGTWIDE_6z/ensloopwide.html

Euro has a similar look for next Thurs, but it misses the phase this run.  Low is in the gulf, but precip stays in southern 1/2 of Bama and GA through hr129

yep more suppressed and weaker, won't do it this run for 1/14...we'll see if MLK day brings the goods again. 

Archived