joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Mid/long Range Winter Discussion

Wow

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFS going Op euro on us, splits the PV send a piece west of lakes. Model agreement. Essentially a repeat of this weekend, cutter.

Cutters gonna cut.

Euro op today was suppressed. Could be holding energy back a little longer. But it was a much different result to me than the 0z gfs that just ran. Euro pretty much dropped the hammer with the 0 850 line down into the GOM. I get your point at 500mb on the PV split look, but it had a much more consolidated andweighted/pressing look on the euro v/s what we just saw. Just shows how finicky the least little bit of change to the orientation of the main features up to our north will affect the end result.

lol. I'm just been sarcastic tonight the models will look much better tomorrow I guarantee it.... Dr. Go, will have us all pumped in a little while!

I know you are. Tight rope to walk to reel this in. I'd be happiest with the PV getting in the right spot and hanging out for a few days and just let the stj gives us the overrunners. The big dog miller A is to risky. But even riskier is a miller B, my least prefered.

Canadian drops a piece of the PV over the Great Lakes similar to the 12z Euro, brings plenty of cold with energy rolling east from the Rockies. Definitely a cold look but being 10 days out I'm sure it will change considerably. There are about 4-5 different systems between now and then that will impact the evolution of this.

post-2321-0-47752400-1452317702_thumb.pn

Amazing what 24hrs can do. Both valid 12z 1/17: 00z yesterday compared to 00z today. 50/50 low with deep and bleeding east high pressure with a low off the NC coast. So far so good, we have ourselves a nice little setup..

e11f4acf77b82a1e9110df1d6ac0c859.jpg

97330d96b250ea091bffa7dba3fe36dd.jpg

This is why you can't get too concerned over GL lows if they won't be there when it matters most...

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php?/topic/47535-January-Mid-long-Range-Winter-Discussion/page__view__findpost__p__3837453

Still a lot of time to change but you can't hate the trends.

Archived