joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
No Joaquin the park forecast for Mets

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I am torn. I mean I feel that OTS look...but if one little feature is off..euro to Fuji happy etc...then it is a different ball game. Still kind of early to say for sure.

Also the speed and movement of Joaquin I'm sure will play another major factor and that alone could really throw a wrench into things.  One thing that seems to be a consistent theme around these parts (especially lately) is that models have struggled with the actual forward speed of these systems.  We have always been accustomed to tropical systems accelerating their forward speed by a great deal but that hasn't necessarily been the case as of late.  

If you take this into account here this actually further complicates things b/c now you have to determine...what does a slower or faster forward speed mean and do?  In reality things could still go either way...would just depend on the large-scale features and such too.  Too fast of a speed and perhaps the trough isn't as sharp or as deep so the capture doesn't occur early or too fast and the upstream blocking doesn't have time to break down so perhaps the track is more north until it gets captured and then tugged east.  

Just too many possibilities on the table still.  

Yeah I am torn. I mean I feel that OTS look...but if one little feature is off..euro to Fuji happy etc...then it is a different ball game. Still kind of early to say for sure.

Watch WV overnight especially to to J's NE that feature is supposed to tug J east Fri night per the Euro. another item to watch is the Euro Ens mean drastically weakens J  all day tomorrow allowing it to be tugged East

Is the Euro taking into account how taking into account how Ida's remnants may interact with J?

How much of an influence would the remnants have though?  I mean it would have to be something strong enough I would think to influence the upper pattern.  Even if there was some interaction with Joaquin does that have any influence on the bigger picture and the features that will dictate things more.

J won't weaken tomorrow.  I think those models are wrong that show a weaker J in the near term given that shear continues to decrease over J and that outflow is improving especially on the north side of the circulation, however he hasn't been able to sustain deep convection in the core enough to actually get an eye forming.

I'll re-iterate the sentiments I made this morning ...

It's truly been remarkable how, come hell or high water, ...there shalt be no model run that brings any threat to NE.  

Considering the enumerable possibilities in a chaotic realm, that persistence is amazing as these models have been buck shot spraying tracks everywhere except NE ... for days.  

fascinating

In terms of probabilities, I'd hedge slightly better than 50/50 that the track stays east of the East Coast. Problem comes to potential impact/safety of millions of people. With that said, the 12z euro ensembles showed a noticeable east/southeast trend from the 00z. It should be noted that the 12z OP Euro is on the right fringe of the Euro ensemble spread.

In terms of probabilities, I'd hedge slightly better than 50/50 that the track stays east of the East Coast. Problem comes to potential impact/safety of millions of people. With that said, the 12z euro ensembles showed a noticeable east/southeast trend from the 00z. It should be noted that the 12z OP Euro is on the right fringe of the Euro ensemble spread.

so you are saying there is a chance

F309 Mission #05 into JOAQUIN

Type: Low-level Reconnaissance | Status: In Storm

As of 23:21 UTC Sep 30, 2015:

Aircraft Position: 25.08°N 74.03°W

Bearing: 135° at 324 kt

Altitude: 3096 gpm

Peak 10-second Wind: 35 kt at 39°

Extrapolated Sea-level Pressure: 997.5 mb

This measurement is to the northwest pretty far from the center closer to 24.3N 73.1W.

Which is a good thing because those are pretty weak measurements.

For all Euro huggers, we in the NYC/NJ area are still waiting for the 30" of snow it promised us last winter 1/2015.

The euro's had its failings, but this scenario is too high-risk to simply discount it for being the outlier. It's blown it before, but it's still one of the best pieces of guidance out there.

Wow quite a bit of strengthening, 12z HWRF may not have been far off:

...Hurricane hunter aircraft finds Joaquin stronger...

Summary of 800 PM EDT...0000 UTC...information

----------------------------------------------

location...24.0n 73.0w

about 95 mi...150 km E of San Salvador Bahamas

about 80 mi...125 km NE of samana cays Bahamas

maximum sustained winds...105 mph...165 km/h

present movement...SW or 225 degrees at 7 mph...11 km/h

minimum central pressure...954 mb...28.17 inches

Archived