joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
No Joaquin the park forecast for Mets

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about this not-wishcasted totally plausible solution that we don't 'want' to have happen... 

I 1/2::1/2 compromise between the Euro and every other technology available to the science of miss-guidance --

Yep... that course of least regret brings a track directly over Worcester.  

who's with me! 

the upshot of that highly likely solution is that Kevina would end up on the dullard gray rainy side, while we here in the E get EF2 suction spot sideways carnage.

somebody better make one tomorrow, think what is at stake

I think NHC makes a major adjustment at 5, bringing the cone from SC to DE. The current track is really, really misleading with respect to available guidance, and I just don't see how you can put an OTS forecast out there at this juncture when people need to be preparing for the worst.

It wouldn't be a major shock to any of us if the Euro ended up right, as everything has been moving south over the last 24 hours, most notably Joaquin, and the Euro led the way on that. But I just can't see how you could forecast that to the public right now.

I think NHC makes a major adjustment at 5, bringing the cone from SC to DE. The current track is really, really misleading with respect to available guidance, and I just don't see how you can put an OTS forecast out there at this juncture when people need to be preparing for the worst.

It wouldn't be a major shock to any of us if the Euro ended up right, as everything has been moving south over the last 24 hours, most notably Joaquin, and the Euro led the way on that. But I just can't see how you could forecast that to the public right now.

It's important to note that the NHC even recognizes that the tropical cyclone only stays in the day 5 cone 60-70% of the time. There is a lot of uncertainty built into these forecasts.

this thing's trying to wrap those inky black strato-prober cloud tops around the n side...  Watch this thing go category 5 just to chap everyone's azz that've been taking Schadenfreude by beating people over their posting-heads with their own love. 

Are there any posters from the Bahamas?  

Man, I bet the ocean footage is getting awesome there with that thing stem wound like ten football fields away - 

The ensemble mean is definitely fish food for the TC itself...it tries to sort of regenerate the extratropical cyclone in the gulf stream off VA/Delmarva...but the mean can get a bit fuzzy by D5-6...there's probably a few hits in there affecting the mean by that point.

Boy I'd love to be an intern entering data points on a mind numbing climate matrix down at NHC head-quarters ... pretending not to listen in on the 4:30 conference call ...   I mean, that track guidance they mapped out on the earlier advisory would pretty much bring consideration of the futility of NYC's very existence to bare.  (Or is it "bear" - maybe Zeus can tackle that major priority) 

I don't think it's a good sign for the storm geese that the Euro's ensemble decided to collapse in favor of the operational -- if that interpretation is correct.  

This could turn into one catastrophic folly for the American's in the cold war of modeling...

Interesting the UKMET sides tightly with the capture crew - but that model is typically guilty of espionage anyway.

Boy I'd love to be an intern entering data points on a mind numbing climate matrix down at NHC head-quarters ... pretending not to listen in on the 4:30 conference call ...   I mean, that track guidance they mapped out on the earlier advisory would pretty much bring consideration of the futility of NYC's very existence to bare.  (Or is it "bear" - maybe Zeus can tackle that major priority) 

It's probably the case that their 5 PM update will adjust in the direction of the NC majority/consensus, but blend in a degree of their prior forecast if for no other reason than their proclivity for update-to-update consistency.

That's usually how they do.

And, for the record, it's "bayre," you cretin. Get thee to a bookery.

It's probably the case that their 5 PM update will adjust in the direction of the NC majority/consensus, but blend in a degree of their prior forecast if for no other reason than their proclivity for update-to-update consistency.

That's usually how they do.

And, for the record, it's "bayre," you cretin. Get thee to a bookery.

Nut uh ...it's bring to "Bayer"  ... because of the nascent migraine involved with having one's spelling corrected by the nation's finest in roused rabble - 

Seriously, I don't know dude.  That's weird hearin' that the Euro ensemble tried to follow the operational because he's so cool and dreamy and the chicks dig 'im.   They all wanna be like Mike!  

Been a while since we've had a solid, black and white disparate model fight.  It'll be interesting in re-analysis to determine which was right, and if they were right for the "right" reason. 

I don't think it's a good sign for the storm geese that the Euro's ensemble decided to collapse in favor of the operational -- if that interpretation is correct.  

This could turn into one catastrophic folly for the American's in the cold war of modeling...

Interesting the UKMET sides tightly with the capture crew - but that model is typically guilty of espionage anyway.

there seems to be no consensus from what I see from Ryan Maue of wxbells tweets

The ensemble mean is definitely fish food for the TC itself...it tries to sort of regenerate the extratropical cyclone in the gulf stream off VA/Delmarva...but the mean can get a bit fuzzy by D5-6...there's probably a few hits in there affecting the mean by that point.

I think it may be a fish.

Time t hedge in that direction.

I should have stuck with my visceral gut lol

Archived