joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
No Joaquin the park forecast for Mets

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Comparing 6z to 12z, 12z digs trough that captures Joaquin further south and looks better with block SE of Nova Scotia. Wild card seems to be interaction with Ida, but CMC and GFS aren't caring about it right now.

What are your thoughts, if I may ask? Do you think we're honing in on the NC solution, or do you think that it's still too early to really get attached to any one depiction?

What are your thoughts, if I may ask? Do you think we're honing in on the NC solution, or do you think that it's still too early to really get attached to any one depiction?

I think I would like to see what euro does. It's getting tough to ignore that threat in NC, but these things are such where that if something is even slightly off...it means a huge difference in how this tracks. For now, I feel higher confidence in this posing less of a threat to SNE, but again...I would like to see the euro.

I think I would like to see what euro does. It's getting tough to ignore that threat in NC, but these things are such where that if something is even slightly off...it means a huge difference in how this tracks. For now, I feel higher confidence in this posing less of a threat to SNE, but again...I would like to see the euro.

Thanks, the euro should (hopefully for mets) be telling.

#101 icon_share.png

Posted 45 minutes ago
  • photo-thumb-125.jpg?_r=0
  • "He tracks hurricanes blindfolded."

• promet.png
  • 3,196 posts
  • Joined November 12, 2010
Very preliminary thought based on future conditions for Joaquin....I think he maxes out at 945ish pressure, and touches Cat. 4 status in a day or so....as for track...way too much uncertainty....especially with the potential redevelopment of Ida.... 

If LE King doesn't have a guess, it's probably not worth guessing yet.  Reaching major out there early certainly would increase the stakes and ramp up the media coverage up and down the coast.

You mean the ones that are centered on OBX?

No the ones that shifted from there a bit farther north . It will be a true tropical system so it stands to reason the tropical models have a better handle than the globals. GFDL actually has the least error margin so far re: track

IMO landfall is going to shift north and end up NJ area

No the ones that shifted from there a bit farther north . It will be a true tropical system so it stands to reason the tropical models have a better handle than the globals. GFDL actually has the least error margin so far re: track

The 6z GFDL landfalls in VA, and was virtually identical to its 0z run. Its 18z run yesterday took it into Long Island.

If it LF's in NJ, what are the impacts up here?  just rain?

Watch it have Joaquin plowing into Mytrle Beach.

Seriously though, with all the other models seemingly converging on a NC/VA Landfall, I'd be highly skeptical of it holding serve, or even offering any type of OTS solution.

Well, the thing is it it's probably one or the other...and it isn't a large diff.

If it hangs south longer, it doesn't get pulled into the trough.

Archived