amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
No Joaquin the park forecast for Mets

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting speculation. I see that the storm did not fully merge with the digging closed low. If a similar scenario were to occur now, Joaquin could end up heading farther up the coast than the NC or VA landfall suggested by a lot of the 00Z guidance. This will depend a lot on how far west/southwest Joaquin moves before turning north or northeast. If not fully captured by the closed low expected to develop over the Southeast, it will have more opportunity to head farther north.

We need to see how it evolves today as it still is too early, but I think the consensus now is less of a issue for SNE..and an increased risk of significant impact to the MA coast right now.  We'll see what today brings. Lots of things at play here including ex-Ida and how far SW Joaquin moves.

We need to see how it evolves today as it still is too early, but I think the consensus now is less of a issue for SNE..and an increased risk of significant impact to the MA coast right now. We'll see what today brings. Lots of things at play here including ex-Ida and how far SW Joaquin moves.

Appears to be moving almost due south actually.

Power issues already in parts of CT. My hunch is folks are too focused on the potential of a cane and are missing the fact that real issues could happen from this morning going forward. An early autumn weekend chock full of events is about to be washed away in many areas. My friends at Eversource tell me that plans for another Sandy have been dusted off and are on the table. They are making no predictions but are alarmed at the possible scenarios of a strong tropical storm or Cat 1 cane making landfall anywhere from Jersey to Long Island.

This is the PD I of canes. NBD for sne.

You said you like to be objective and realistic so I can't see how with the NHC low certainty forecast you can make that declaration yet. I'm aware of what your point is but it's safe to say it's pretty damn uncertain of what will happen, likely not an sne hit right now, but we can't say NBD yet.

Well we also need to look at how the pattern north of Maine plays out as well. That weill help shift around that ridge being used to steer Joaquin. That evolution of that is quite different on the models. There are several important pieces here.

The trof, remnants of ida, quebec blocking, atlantic high, all kinds of garbage mixed into this convulated mess

Some need to prepare for the idea that it is quite possible the effects are not very interesting in SNE. 

lol...so true. I'm already preparing for the idea that it might not be very interesting even in Eastern PA. If the latest model tracks (Euro not withstanding) end up verifying. It seems that on most of the morning models the big qpf remains in Virginia, and parts of Eastern PA will be lucky to get 2 inches.

Archived