• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
No Joaquin the park forecast for Mets

Ginx snewx

You said you like to be objective and realistic so I can't see how with the NHC low certainty forecast you can make that declaration yet. I'm aware of what your point is but it's safe to say it's pretty damn uncertain of what will happen, likely not an sne hit right now, but we can't say NBD yet.

I'm sorry, not favoring a 1938 redux isn't realistic, I guess.

My objective, reality based opinion as of now is for relatively minimal impact here in sne.

Sorry.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some need to acknowledge they have no clue where this is going and effects could be felt from Maine to NC.

GEFS show plenty of north hits as does the EPS

We were told yesterday this was going OTS

Bottom line is anyone saying there's no effects in SNE and not to worry is doing a disservice

Noone knows

CQJoOaXW8AAOAMM.png

They estimated it 20mb too weak on their 5 AM advisory. Once the models ingest the correct data and pressure..that's when we may see some changes

We'll see.

Intuitively, a more powerful system is less susceptible to capture, and more prone to poleward advancement, and ultimately take on an easterly component.

Were that to happen, OTS would probably still be a better bet :lol:

We'll see.

Intuitively, a more powerful system is less susceptible to capture, and more prone to poleward movement, and ultimately with an easterly component.

Were that to happen, OTS would probably still be a better bet :lol:

With the strong  and massive block that seems very unlikely. That ridge isn't going to just erode. OTS seems very low prob

Right now NC looks favorable for landfall, again that could change.  Also Joaquin is intensifying rapidly now.  Pressure is low and the winds should catch up.  Satellite imagery looks very good for Joaquin right now.  Perfect outflow developing over all quadrants as wind shear from the northwest is decreasing as the cyclone heads towards being underneath and upper level anticyclone.

Right now NC looks favorable for landfall, again that could change.  Also Joaquin is intensifying rapidly now.  Pressure is low and the winds should catch up.  Satellite imagery looks very good for Joaquin right now.  Perfect outflow developing over all quadrants as wind shear from the northwest is decreasing as the cyclone heads towards being underneath and upper level anticyclone.

Yes, I was alarmed by how optimal outflow has become in the nw quad.

Yeah been reading the main forum thread as well, but the subforum threads have been more active. Here we are in SNE discussing potential NC/VA tracks. I could see obs posts divided down, but 4-5 days away, seems like disco posts in each of these subforums have broad geographic following.

Archived