• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
No Joaquin the park forecast for Mets

Ginx snewx

There was no doubt some sort of decaying frontal boundary that extend N-S through the region of SNE, as the re-analysis features a trough along the Apps and a -NAO west based block imposing resistance E-N of the easter seaboard.  Said front arrived with the trough, and since the trough stalled, the front sort of aligned parallel to the coast and rained out over a few days.

But all that happened well prior to 1938 even passing PR.   The trouble was, those antecedent synoptics didn't really break down as the storm approached the "suck up" zone... Once the TC detected the S to N flow east of said trough, and was blocked by the lingering west-based -NAO, it had no physical alternative but to shoot N through a slit steering corridor like a Noanamá Chocó tribesman on a blow gun hunt.  

Point is, ...the rains prior to 1938 were not really "PRE" at that time.   

Aside, it's hard to assess a PRE when a system is hauling azz like that.  You're going to get a western "bulge" in front and so forth, much more obvious by a system like David (1980?). 

David was 1979.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some need to acknowledge they have no clue where this is going and effects could be felt from Maine to NC.

GEFS show plenty of north hits as does the EPS

We were told yesterday this was going OTS

Bottom line is anyone saying there's no effects in SNE and not to worry is doing a disservice

Noone knows

By whom?

Pretty sure you're misrepresenting a lot with that statement. Models, NHC, and mets around here included.

Jay I loved the play by play...they're just haters cause you tower over all of em.   Give em a smack down if they keep it up !! 

Yep, he's the New England Patriots of model play-by-play

Excessive winning breeds contempt - so of course the Patriots HAVE to be cheating, because the alternative is what?  accepting that x,y,z tea,m might just not be as good?!   

We don't doubt that the Pats fiddle with things.  But they do not engage in "fiddling" any more than any other team in that hypocrite, petty douche league -- and the pot has no right to call the kettle black.  Cheaters can't accuse cheaters - a simple precept that is just not being honed/explored/exposed enough in all that.  

but I digress -

Well they certainly did but you were t involved in the conversation and may have missed it.

However in this case, I was referring to the last 24 hours of GFS runs

I did.

It was a perfunctory assessment based off the EURO and climo....which still could verify.

Certainly not favored at present, though.

Yep, he's the New England Patriots of model play-by-play

Excessive winning breeds contempt - so of course the Patriots HAVE to be cheating, because the alternative is what?  accepting that x,y,z tea,m might just not be as good?!   

We don't doubt that the Pats fiddle with things.  But they do not engage in "fiddling" any more than any other team in that hypocrite, petty douche league -- and the pot has no right to call the kettle black.  Cheaters can't accuse cheaters - a simple precept that is just not being honed/explored/exposed enough in all that.  

but I digress -

Amen regarding Pats. Imagine the response had you posted that in the NYC/MidAtl forums...!

Looking at 12z GFS... it does track further south in the next day compared to 6z/0z, similar to EC runs.

But the system is not as deep by 0z-12z Saturday compared to 6z/0z GFS runs, and perhaps as I was mentioning last night allows an earlier capture and sooner left hook into NC.

#101 icon_share.png

Posted 45 minutes ago

• photo-thumb-125.jpg?_r=0

• "He tracks hurricanes blindfolded."

promet.png

3,196 posts

Joined November 12, 2010

Very preliminary thought based on future conditions for Joaquin....I think he maxes out at 945ish pressure, and touches Cat. 4 status in a day or so....as for track...way too much uncertainty....especially with the potential redevelopment of Ida.... 

Amen regarding Pats. Imagine the response had you posted that in the NYC/MidAtl forums...!

Looking at 12z GFS... it does track further south in the next day compared to 6z/0z, similar to EC runs.

But the system is not as deep by 0z-12z Saturday compared to 6z/0z GFS runs, and perhaps as I was mentioning last night allows an earlier capture and sooner left hook into NC.

Yeah, the vitriol would have been more epic than any J. impact, certainly ...

My thinking last night with a harder capture was really more centered around the strength of the quasi-cut-off.  But yeah, there are other parameters that play a role in those mechanics.  

I'm not sure a weaker system is one of them, though.  Weaker systems get left behind -- a.k.a. the NAM. It's initialized the system as a paltry closed isobar when it's already down below 990 or whatever it is... It has to do with vertical integration through a deeper amount of troposphere. Shallow weak systems don't "tap" into the steering fields, and then the on-going convection and its' coupling with the lower levels are thus not being directed by said steering ... 

The stronger initializations are in fact tapping into the cut-off more effectively/affected... 

But, that opens a different can of warms ...is the cut-off modeled right?  Cut-offs are notoriously badly handled, depth...placement, longevity.  Name a parameter in space and time and I'll show you a multitude of guidance types that can't really handle them all too well.  With that native uncertainty ... any interaction with a J. has to immediately be taken with a degree of incredulity. 

Archived