joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
No Joaquin the park forecast for Mets

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just to be clear, I'm not expecting much here.. but for NC/VA yes.. anyway was just curious about your thoughts.  But if we end up in the middle between GFS/EURO.. then....

I think it's either, or....doubt a compromise.

Either camp will capitulate entirely.

EURO ens are the tie breaker for me.

Maybe I am wrong, but I still find it hard to believe there may be a siggy impact to SNE. I feel like it is either OTS, or into NC. I'm not sure the pattern can be conducive to a hit near NYC on east.  So basically regardless of what model you believe...I don't think it matters much here.

Yeah you need a big weakness in the middle for it to come north and it doesn't appear that will happen...not until well after landfall. We could get a bunch of remnants coming up the coast if it landfalls in the Carolinas, but probably not before that.

Or it could just go the Euro route and have very little impact at all except some modest amounts of nasty cold rain on NE winds under that high.

Boy this is a real tough decision for NHC. I mean now is when you start preps if you believe every model except the euro. With a usually reliable model not budging..what do you do?

I'd think it's even harder for them with the (previous run) euro ensembles all over the place instead of supporting the OP.  

Maybe I am wrong, but I still find it hard to believe there may be a siggy impact to SNE. I feel like it is either OTS, or into NC. I'm not sure the pattern can be conducive to a hit near NYC on east. So basically regardless of what model you believe...I don't think it matters much here.

Was gonna post same.

Just because a track is the average of all guidance doesn't mean it is the most likely. In this case, this either gets captured early west or it gets fujiwaraed east.

This also means that unfortunately for NHC, hedging with a mean track to the public may not be the most likely prediction as depicted, but I guess there's no easier way to convey possible impact with uncertainty.

Maybe I am wrong, but I still find it hard to believe there may be a siggy impact to SNE. I feel like it is either OTS, or into NC. I'm not sure the pattern can be conducive to a hit near NYC on east.  So basically regardless of what model you believe...I don't think it matters much here.

I agree

I saw this brought up as well. Take a look out west. You have a s/w trough diving south and helping to slow or pull the trough west, out near the Pacific coast at hr 60. If that happens, then ridging over the Plains may develop and possibly slow down the cutoff trough over the SE that helps capture Joaquin. I mean talk about a complicated series of interactions.

Archived