joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
No Joaquin the park forecast for Mets

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I concur that we have a Cane at 11 PM. I really don't have a good feel for the track right now. You can argue several scenarios with suttle differences with how the models are depicting the upper air pattern and environment surrounding Juaquin.

1000% agreed.  This is exactly it.  until a better handle is had with exactly how the pattern will evolve it will be very difficult to really pinpoint an exact track.  However, what we can do is give higher or lesser credence to possible tracks.  At this juncture, I would put an OTS track as having less credence.  There is going to be so much going on meteorologically these next few days it will be very tough on the models...you have a trough to our west which is going to be developing and shaping, you have a blocking high to the north, ridging out to the east and also smaller-scale features going on within the tropical system itself...not to mention on the synoptic level a cold front and other features.  

Regardless of track along the coast or strength of the system, if/when it phases with the trough and interacts with the cold front it's going to produce some big weather for someone, somewhere...just a matter of what those impacts are.

Archived