joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
No Joaquin the park forecast for Mets

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cat. 4 by tomorrow afternoon....bank on it....I'll revise my earlier call of the lowest pressure attained to near 930mb....This system is so very nicely "round" at the surface....and now the shear is going bye bye....just in time for diurnal max. and nice bathwater!!

LEK is the best! The dude is on like 98% of the time.

I would expect if Joaquin could create his own environment, than it would go more westward.  Just my opinion.  I could be wrong.  But I heard that these type of hurricanes pump up heights to the northeast of the hurricane.  Also I have a lot of my friends in SC, I am telling them to be aware of a hurricane named Joaquin, some of them never knew he existed.

I would expect if Joaquin could create his own environment, than it would go more westward.  Just my opinion.  I could be wrong.  But I heard that these type of hurricanes pump up heights to the northeast of the hurricane.  Also I have a lot of my friends in SC, I am telling them to be aware of a hurricane named Joaquin, some of them never knew he existed.

That would be partly (or largely) due to latent heat release, no?  I mean if we are talking about a system of such size and strength it would make sense to expect a ton of heat being released which would influence heights.  

YES

That would be partly (or largely) due to latent heat release, no?  I mean if we are talking about a system of such size and strength it would make sense to expect a ton of heat being released which would influence heights.  

Yes latent heat release is what I am talking about.  Plus to add to the vortex message data, the eye shrunk to 22nm.

Archived