joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
No Joaquin the park forecast for Mets

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NHC tracks are unreadable right now. They basically try to find the least error by using a compromise track that has little model support in itself.

Yeah to the general public that looks like they are forecasting a direct hit towards the major populous on the east coast in NYC area haha.

I feel bad for the on-camera mets who have to run with that or show it on air.

Interesting to see if the 6z GFS initialized the storm closer to 950mb as well - and the impacts that strength has on tracking vs 0z...

The trends in the ECM ensembles and the lack of any budging by the Euro though is very hard to bet against. It has been adamant about its track. The GFS has shifted around a lot. When you get three straight ECM runs showing something, and the EPS goes in that direction, hard to bet against it.

The other thing this does is takes away the PRE and any other rains that were forecast to fall this week. So we've seen the last of the rain for the week except maybe on the Cape..and it turns into a sunny, dry weekend up and down east coast from DC north. And the AN and dry pattern resumes

Won't  we still see rain  on friday night  from that  ULL?

Since when do we take the 6z GFS seriously? Like never, wait until new data arrives at 12z, before jumping to conclusions today.

Fair enough, but the evidence is starting to build and the case for the Euro is getting stronger. There are virtually NO EC ensembles that show a direct impact from the core of Juaquin, only secondary LP'S.

well, that settles that...Euro wins again...i know it's not a perfect model, but kudos to the team that created it...wish we could upgrade our american models to be like the Euro

Well they certainly weren't saying that in NYC and Western New England after last year's blizzard debacle. Overall, it has superior resolution and obviously could see the weakening block and escape route prior to the others.

Well they certainly weren't saying that in NYC and Western New England after last year's blizzard debacle. Overall, it has superior resolution and obviously could see the weakening block and escape route prior to the others.

lol, in my post i'm pretty sure i said it's not a perfect model...but it sure does out perform the american model suite...

Archived