• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
No Joaquin the park forecast for Mets

Ginx snewx

To say the Euro has been producing the same solution consistently over the past 48 hours is false. Take a look at the 120 hour progs from last night, the night before, and the night before that. Overall track has been similar, but the timing has changed substantially.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The difference between the euro bust last winter and this situation is we aren't talking about 50 miles. The NYC bust was bad but it was probably overstated because they happened to be under the western envelope of the bust. Nobody would have complained about a 50 mile shift in heavy snow if the whole thing had been out to sea to begin with.

This is different in that we are talking about two fundamentally different handlings of the system.

Expecting a 120 hr prog to verify verbatim is wishful. It will change, but the reality is that it will only be noticed if that change is to the west.

Of course it's not locked but the general idea of ots is dominate. Then again I thought NC LF couple days ago so I'm wishy washy lol. Just have hard time ignoring euro and it's very good TS resume.

The difference between the euro bust last winter and this situation is we aren't talking about 50 miles. The NYC bust was bad but it was probably overstated because they happened to be under the western envelope of the bust. Nobody would have complained about a 50 mile shift in heavy snow if the whole thing had been out to sea to begin with.

This is different in that we are talking about two fundamentally different handlings of the system.

Also -

The Euro didn't have a storm (Juno) at all until about 72 hours out.

I think Joaquin is a category four hurricane now, recon finding a stronger hurricane with 942mb pressure.  An eye is forming and Joaquin has begun to turn towards the west, now moving WSW instead of SW.

Starting to get that look. Recon did get a 130kt surface reading, though I suspect contamination.

All the  more reason to doubt it...how frequently does that happen??

Often enough to be plausible at any given setup. Perfect storm too. That is like saying how often any month do we get hurricanes. There however is a second peak of hurricane frequency in New England and its in Oct. Often hybrids and prolific rain producers, however its not a trough that is allowing the escape this time.

Also -

The Euro didn't have a storm (Juno) at all until about 72 hours out.

Exactly, at least that is how I remembered it. The euro plenty of times in the day 3-5 range has had massive shifts like the gfs does as well.

I am not trolling, but just trying to figure out if the huge difference between the two models is real, or it is a smaller difference that is perceived huge by some. I know tyat both the gfs and euro in the 4 or 5 day range gave me 100 inches of snow last winter, and I think I got half that.

Pojnt is they both seem to have their errors.

That's the thing. It's not a wobble like Juno, it's the handling of the complexities of several features in the atmosphere. If the EC is right, it really will be something to hold your hat on....especially if you have followed it closely. This is an extremely complicated setup.

Euro solution is not a lock. It shouldn't be treated as such. But if we take a look at the envelope of guidance....what has it done? It has shifted notably toward the euro solution. If the euro was still OTS but trending the other direction while the rest of guidance held firm, then I think you would have to increase the chances of the euro being wrong.

Euro solution is not a lock. It shouldn't be treated as such. But if we take a look at the envelope of guidance....what has it done? It has shifted notably toward the euro solution. If the euro was still OTS but trending the other direction while the rest of guidance held firm, then I think you would have to increase the chances of the euro being wrong.

Exactly.

Is there any chance there is a blend between the Euro and the other models and Joaquin actually slams into New England?

I don't think so. I mean never say never, but I think New England is pretty much out of the picture for big impacts. I don't see features in place to sling it back NW into SNE.

Archived