joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
No Joaquin the park forecast for Mets

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No one did that....not sure what in the hell he is talking about.

We were repsonding to different messages at the same time! You clarified your statment of it being "not a good run" while I was responding to someone asking if it should be tossed.

No harm, no foul. Let the model mayhem continue!

Yeah, looks like somewhere near Coney Island or JFK airport. Then starts to recurve out toward ISP.

Looks like about the most "thread the needle" result as possible...barely being captured by the skin of its teeth after taking a really wide turn...and the process takes long enough to allow the block to our north to retreat/weaken and allow the storm to gain latitude.

As interesting as it would be to get one up here, I'm still thinking it's either south of the Delmarva or wide right.

Can someone tell me if it has been verified that Recon found 130mph winds at the surface and a pressure of 946mb?

Product: Air Force Vortex Message (URNT12 KNHC)

Transmitted: 1st day of the month at 3:43Z

Agency: United States Air Force 

Aircraft: Lockheed WC-130J Hercules with reg. number AF99-5309 

Storm Number & Year: 11 in 2015

Storm Name: Joaquin (flight in the North Atlantic basin)

Mission Number: 5

Observation Number: 27

A. Time of Center Fix: 1st day of the month at 3:09:20Z

B. Center Fix Coordinates: 23°39'N 73°09'W (23.65N 73.15W)

C. Minimum Height at Standard Level: 2,677m (8,783ft) at 700mb

D. Estimated (by SFMR or visually) Maximum Surface Wind: 105kts (~ 120.8mph)

E. Location of the Estimated Maximum Surface Wind: 16 nautical miles (18 statute miles) to the ESE (123°) of center fix

F. Maximum Flight Level Wind Inbound: From 220° at 117kts (From the SW at ~ 134.6mph)

G. Location of Maximum Flight Level Wind Inbound: 16 nautical miles (18 statute miles) to the ESE (123°) of center fix

H. Minimum Sea Level Pressure: 950mb (28.06 inHg)

I. Maximum Flight Level Temp & Pressure Altitude Outside Eye: 11°C (52°F) at a pressure alt. of 3,049m (10,003ft)

J. Maximum Flight Level Temp & Pressure Altitude Inside Eye: 20°C (68°F) at a pressure alt. of 3,060m (10,039ft)

K. Dewpoint Temp (collected at same location as temp inside eye): 7°C (45°F)

K. Sea Surface Temp (collected at same location as temp inside eye): Not Available

L. Eye Character: Open in the northwest

M. Eye Shape & Diameter: Circular with a diameter of 22 nautical miles (25 statute miles)

N. Fix Determined By: Penetration, Radar, Wind, Pressure and Temperature

N. Fix Level: 700mb

O. Navigational Fix Accuracy: 0.02 nautical miles

O. Meteorological Accuracy: 1 nautical mile

Remarks Section:

Maximum Flight Level Wind: 117kts (~ 134.6mph) which was observed 16 nautical miles (18 statute miles) to the ESE (123°) from the flight level center at 3:04:30Z

Dropsonde Surface Wind at Center: From 260° at 19kts (From the W at 22mph)

Maximum Flight Level Temp: 23°C (73°F) which was observed 12 nautical miles (14 statute miles) to the WNW (303°) from the flight level center

there was a 946 reading but not at the center it seems

Verbatim, certainly. But, if the euro doesn't come west at all at 00z, then I'm definitely in agreement with Ray that this may very well just be the beginning of a cave to the OTS solution.

True, but I think Tip jinxed us when commented earlier that none of the solutions were affecting New England. Although it may not have initialized with the proper pressure, the 0z run should have the extra data collected by NOAA earlier tonight. Interesting run, I wonder how it will effect the overall NHC track at 5 AM.

Archived