joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
No Joaquin the park forecast for Mets

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't make it more interesting for anyone.

Depends on perspective. If you're hoping for a cat 4 to tear up someone's neighbourhood then I guess no but if you are looking for a low end cat 1 or strong TS then it's worth watching. Different strokes for different folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevin with the reverse jinx attempt FTL !!!

@TollandKev: Joaquin is 100% a miss. It's going out to sea. Any forecasts you see saying we need to watch it or maps showing east coast hits are wrong.

@TollandKev: @TollandKev The east coast has NOTHING to watch or worry about. Back to the boredom

Kevin with the reverse jinx attempt FTL !!!

@TollandKev: Joaquin is 100% a miss. It's going out to sea. Any forecasts you see saying we need to watch it or maps showing east coast hits are wrong.

@TollandKev: @TollandKev The east coast has NOTHING to watch or worry about. Back to the boredom

Sometimes, science is about ignoring everything but your weenie.

Depends on perspective. If you're hoping for a cat 4 to tear up someone's neighbourhood then I guess no but if you are looking for a low end cat 1 or strong TS then it's worth watching. Different strokes for different folks.

Sent from my iPhone

I'm not even referring to intensity.

LF is just unlikely...period.

If you're into that, more  power to you.

I could understand the tough spot yesterday, but you have to make a call right now. Maybe they wait until 15z.

They had to play it that way yesterday into today. The criticism of them was unwarranted imo.  GFS took a major shift towards the Euro,  The biggest issue I've seen is the GFS underestimating the intensity of the storm.  Weaker storm is much more prone to interaction with other features.  I'd feel pretty confident about this system swinging off to the east as the ULL in the SE acts as a kicker rather than the 2 interacting with each other and the storm being tugged back towards the coast.

If I had to gander it will probably track 100-150 mi SE of BM.

I'm not even referring to intensity.

LF is just unlikely...period.

If you're into that, more power to you.

weather does what it does. I'm just along for the ride...lol. I'd prefer a miss myself. Juan was a low cat 2 and it sufficiently kicked our A$$. I know Bob did the same thing to some of you guys. I could do without that again but like I said I don't have a say in it.

They had to play it that way yesterday into today. The criticism of them was unwarranted imo.  GFS took a major shift towards the Euro,  The biggest issue I've seen is the GFS underestimating the intensity of the storm.  Weaker storm is much more prone to interaction with other features.  I'd feel pretty confident about this system swinging off to the east as the ULL in the SE acts as a kicker rather than the 2 interacting with each other and the storm being tugged back towards the coast.

If I had to gander it will probably track 100-150 mi SE of BM.

I understand it yesterday...even though you could argue to keep it into NC because that was consensus. Problem is, that middle of the road track does no service to anyone. It's never like that in nature..it's one camp or the other. Yesterday they had to take that approach, but I can only imagine the hysteria of the NHC track on social media and media outlets right now. 

What I did like, was the added key messages. Hopefully that is conveyed my media.

weather does what it does. I'm just along for the ride...lol. I'd prefer a miss myself. Juan was a low cat 2 and it sufficiently kicked our A$$. I know Bob did the same thing to some of you guys. I could do without that again but like I said I don't have a say in it.

Sent from my iPhone

Bob hit the cape and parts of the south coast hard...pretty much it.

It doesn't make it more interesting for anyone.

I think it's fascinating of itself, regardless of whether it poses a threat to land. To see it flourish in a strong Nino in virtually the only favorable spot in the Atlantic is fun to track and sure beats talk of dews and endless innuendoes to COC. As an aside, saw unconfirmed report elsewhere recon is finding 165 mph wind (I assume at flight level).

Edit: Looking at the recon data, I'm guessing whoever said the above was looking at the plane's velocity (160 kts), not the windspeed.

I think it's fascinating of itself, regardless of whether it poses a threat to land. To see it flourish in a strong Nino in virtually the only favorable spot in the Atlantic is fun to track and sure beats talk of dews and endless innuendoes to COC. As an aside, saw unconfirmed report elsewhere recon is finding 165 mph wind (I assume at flight level).

I'd rather the focus shift back to SAI to be honest.

Not to throw salt on the wounds but I personally find this fujiwara effect/capture over rated. Has it happened in the past? Sure. Does it happen as much as models toss the idea around? Nope. That goes for winter storms too. I'm willing to bet that this type of modelling scenario will be shown again for a storm or two this winter. Models seem to love showing it for some reason and it breaks weenies hearts every time.

weather does what it does. I'm just along for the ride...lol. I'd prefer a miss myself. Juan was a low cat 2 and it sufficiently kicked our A$$. I know Bob did the same thing to some of you guys. I could do without that again but like I said I don't have a say in it. Sent from my iPhone

I'm somewhat confused reading this, and many of the other threads. Didn't the euro over the last year, especially over the last winter, have several huge busts? I thought that over the last couple years or so the euro and gfs have had similar verification scores, and that the UKIE has been the best?

The other thing this does is takes away the PRE and any other rains that were forecast to fall this week. So we've seen the last of the rain for the week except maybe on the Cape..and it turns into a sunny, dry weekend up and down east coast from DC north. And the AN and dry pattern resumes

Awesome, like last Oct we love above normal Octobers

Archived