joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Dog Days of Summer: August 2015 Discussion

dmillz25

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happens all the time with forecasts 8 days out.

It always does of course, people don't realize how the most minute changes can be extrapolated into massive differences downstream. Something like a weekness in a ridge can have huge implications on our long term sensable weather. The recurving typhoon cotalation is fascinating as it wasn't really an recognized concept to look for til not too long.

Happens all the time with forecasts 8 days out.

It always does of course, people don't realize how the most minute changes can be extrapolated into massive differences downstream. Something like a weekness in a ridge can have huge implications on our long term sensable weather. The recurving typhoon cotalation is fascinating as it wasn't really an recognized concept to look for til not too long ago.

Does anyone have a radar loop from this am'a rain event? I would like to see why I just missed out

I was going to post the loop earlier today but I had to run to work. We got dumped on last night/this morning. Most areas in Nassau were between .75 and 2.25". 1.54" here. According to Upton one town south of me received .9" and 2 towns north received 2".

It also lightly rained twice this afternoon at work in Amityville.

Archived