SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The Dog Days of Summer: August 2015 Discussion

dmillz25

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NWS has rain for all day tomorrow and then showers and thunderstorms likely before 1am.

I looked at the RGEM and NAM earlier...in reality it looks like a few hours of showers/storms that run through the area late morning and then basically dry the rest of the day/night...no?

Im in wildwood crest. Not as hot here.

Ah, yeah stays cooler there.

NWS has rain for all day tomorrow and then showers and thunderstorms likely before 1am.

I looked at the RGEM and NAM earlier...in reality it looks like a few hours of showers/storms that run through the area late morning and then basically dry the rest of the day/night...no?

Honestly, I think a lot of NW NJ will salvage tomorrow, and might actually be pretty sunny. Not sure about Putnam, probably slower to clear there, but I don't think It's an all out washout either.

Nobody East of EWR is going to see much, and that might even need to be adjusted back to MMU. Really poor timing with front stalled to our West and then it slides East overnight when the instability is the lowest.

The RGEM is still calling for several inches of rain for Western sections, hopefully it's correct. You can see how the rain is hitting a wall near Philly.

Nobody East of EWR is going to see much, and that might even need to be adjusted back to MMU. Really poor timing with front stalled to our West and then it slides East overnight when the instability is the lowest.

The RGEM is still calling for several inches of rain for Western sections, hopefully it's correct. You can see how the rain is hitting a wall near Philly.

Flood watch for 2-4 inches of rain for western areas.

Expecting to get mauled with water at some point tonight.

It may rain so hard, that water ponds on roads or dirt gets pushed downs hills in water creeks.

This is a "Big" deal.

Flood watch for 2-4 inches of rain for western areas.

Expecting to get mauled with water at some point tonight.

It may rain so hard, that water ponds on roads or dirt gets pushed downs hills in water creeks.

This is a "Big" deal.

For our areas yes, for those that live closer to NYC this is a non event. 

Radar looks very impressive. This should be the biggest rain event of the summer.

All signals point to a huge hit with pure H20 for the area tonight.

You can smell the rain coming locally. Decent breeze blowing.

There were a number of training downpours in the Milford, PA area this afternoon when I was there. Those downpours were ahead of the frontal passage. Northwest NJ into a portion of southeast NY will probably do fairly well tonight.

Radar looks very impressive. This should be the biggest rain event of the summer.

All signals point to a huge hit with pure H20 for the area tonight.

You can smell the rain coming locally. Decent breeze blowing.

Lol I been ground zero on the RGEM for this event and have less than .10"

Living inland sounds rather confining and constraining....I prefer to live *above* the land.

Living inland in a state like New Jersey isn't bad at all. It's nice because you can live in the mountains and not be far from the beach, so it's the best of both worlds. Now if you were in the Midwest or the Rockies that's a different story.

Archived