SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The Dog Days of Summer: August 2015 Discussion

dmillz25

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Central Park set a record today for the most consecutive days with high temperatures at, or above 80° (42 days). http://t.co/TfeexUD8Ek

Nice..I thought it was 2nd most..and #1 was well over 50. I guess that number come from some unreliable record keeping and isn't valid. If we can get to 80 today (which is forecast..seems to be trending warmer) then we will add a lot to that record.

In fact some extended forecast show no 70s in sight and would approach near 60 days.

Rgem nailed this event again.

Was the only model that kept everything west yesterday and then bought this line of heavy rain through all of LI today.

The 12z Rgem from yesterday morning was like a carbon copy of the actual result. Amazing job.

It's come to a point where I don't even look at any other model for placement of rain or precip. No reason.

It was absolute insanity. Vicious, vicious electrical storm, and easily the best of the year / couple years. Almost constant flashing followed by near instantaneous explosions, coupled with torrential rains. It honestly sounded like we were at war getting bombed for an hour straight. Certainly no way anyone in my neighborhood slept through that one. Cost me a few hours of sleep. These storms always seem to come at the worst times, but I'll take it.

1.52" of much needed rain. Something like this is almost like having no snow most of the winter, then a MECS hits on February 20th. Still a sub par T-storm season, but last night brought it up significantly from near dead worst.

Impressive street flooding this morning around Laurelton Blvd in Long Beach

with the photo credit going to Amanda Moore.

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW YORK NY
701 AM EDT FRI AUG 21 2015

0634 AM FLASH FLOOD ATLANTIC BEACH 40.59N 73.71W
08/21/2015 NASSAU NY BROADCAST MEDIA

PARK STREET CLOSED FROM SUFFOLK BOULEVARD TO CAYUGA
AVENUE DUE TO FLOODING.

https://www.facebook.com/LongBeachMatterstoYou/photos/a.1444073942534522.1073741829.1441745596100690/1607095882898993/?type=1&theater

Archived