SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perfect late spring thru summer day is starting off in the mid-upper 60's with dews and ending up near 90 and the dews creep up to the low 70's during the mid-late morning..and then we bang some storms out in the early evening. then do it all over again day after day

Sounds like Orlando in June/July/August

Perfect late spring thru summer day is starting off in the mid-upper 60's with dews and ending up near 90 and the dews creep up to the low 70's during the mid-late morning..and then we bang some storms out in the early evening. then do it all over again day after day

How often do dew points creep up during the day? Not very often. 

Jb1979 did this graph for philly... hard not to see a trend

2evgqhv.jpg

I know you'd see a similar trend at BTV...since like 2000 they've been over a foot above long term snow climo, though the past few seasons have cut into that. 2000-2011 was the snowiest 11-year period on record I think, going back to 1880.

On the whole for the northeast we have been experiencing a golden age of snowy winters...possibly even back to like 1993.

They love getting up over 70 in those sweet swampy air masses mid -late morning

Eh. Usually there's that early morning spike after sunrise when the temp starts climbing and the dew evaporates. Once we get a little mixing those dews tickle right back down.

Yeah the 7-9am bounce that seems to mix out by 11am...then slowly dries through the afternoon.

unless you have a poorly sited Davis with passive shielding over a watered flowerbed. Then it keeps soaring. The FARS helps evaporate any condensation on them pretty quickly. ASOS works differently so those condensation errors are washed out.

unless you have a poorly sited Davis with passive shielding over a watered flowerbed. Then it keeps soaring. The FARS helps evaporate any condensation on them pretty quickly. ASOS works differently so those condensation errors are washed out.

But people don't live, work, and play near ASOS sites. Not sure what you're saying here, Brian!?!

What about ones in WeHa that are sited over burned grass seared by urine spots from your dog and dried out piles of dung that haven't been cleaned up that also read 72?

What about ones in WeHa that are sited over burned grass seared by urine spots from your dog and dried out piles of dung that haven't been cleaned up that also read 72?

It would probably be more representative of the geography. No one in New England is supposed to have grass as green and thick as yours. Although in 09 my lawn looked like Ireland.

It would probably be more representative of the geography. No one in New England is supposed to have grass as green and thick as yours. Although in 09 my lawn looked like Ireland.

Don't remind me. Awful summer.  At least last year was dry to go along with the cool temps

FARS is the way to go for more accurate readings. I spent the extra money for FARS on my new Davis VP 2 recently. Many papers out there in the internet that support this.

Archived