CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well my thinking is we stay above freezing from tomorrow night until Saturday Am sometime. And dews in the 55-60 degree range during most of Thursday with rain, strong winds and even the possibility of thunderstorms.. I just don't see how we can keep much of anything

Already explained it.

Woods and previous deep spots won't go that quick...they'll die a slower death. The thin spots and exposed spots are toast though.

Have you used that motor I gave you yet? The one I just put in a month ago is whirling great. I have a 6v 2900rpm one I want to try. The other ones I have are 3v 2100rpm.

Yes, I had to deploy it back in October.  

I'll have to wait for the snow to harden back up before I can get near my station to check on it.

Yes, I had to deploy it back in October.  

I'll have to wait for the snow to harden back up before I can get near my station to check on it.

that went fairly quick then. I think mine have been going about 8 months. I'm going to start changing them out every fall sometime in early Nov so I never have to trudge through the snow to do it again.

that went fairly quick then. I think mine have been going about 8 months. I'm going to start changing them out every fall sometime in early Nov so I never have to trudge through the snow to do it again.

Ok the fan is fine.  I decided to check the adapter first to make sure it was still buzzing and discovered my dad unplugged it so he could plug in something else.

Temp is plummeting down to where it should be now.

Edit:  Looks like a 6.2 error with just the standard radiation shield.

hated to come in, top ten day,snow softened as day wore on. Fast and furious. Absolutely beautiful views all day.

0324151109b.jpg

Yeah dude...brochure quality day out there. Just awesome, love this time of year.

The woods remain great.

Even at the base around 1600ft it's still deep winter...unfortunately rain and warmth will open all the river and stream beds again.

I know you'd see a similar trend at BTV...since like 2000 they've been over a foot above long term snow climo, though the past few seasons have cut into that. 2000-2011 was the snowiest 11-year period on record I think, going back to 1880.

On the whole for the northeast we have been experiencing a golden age of snowy winters...possibly even back to like 1993.

Our long term foothills coop hasn't been all that flush with total snowfall in recent decades, just slightly AN.  Average for 1893 on is 89.6".  1990s avg was 90", 2000s was 94", 2010s thru last month running 91".  However, big storms are a different story, especially those 18"+.  Their average decade sees 2.6 events reaching that total, while the 2000s had 9.  For contrast, 2nd place is a tie (20s, 60s, 70s) at 4, and no other decade shows more than 2, which is where the 2010s are at present.  (Caveat:  the coop observer must do the 6-hr thing, as my 2-or-3-a-day measurements got me only 5 during the 2000s, still great, and only the Jan blizzard for the 2010s.)

Didn't take a pic but will tomorrow,they had a tree top shear event on Jordan Mt Sun Mon. About two hundred yards wide maybe 1000 feet long, very obvious from the lift, lots of debris. Trees sheared about two foot down.

Probably caught a decent amount of wet snow Saturday evening to increase wind resistance, then all the gusts Sun-Mon, plus cold to make the tops more brittle (assuming they were spruce and fir.)

Archived