Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

What was this talk of light rain?

BOX floods the region

Two rounds of rain coming up. Light showers late Wed/Wed night. Heavier showers late Thu/Thu night with temps in 50s.

CA453_uWgAA9QKU.png

Because a lot of the model runs were heaviest in NY state and near the Cape. They'll be a relative min probably in SNE.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't take a pic but will tomorrow,they had a tree top shear event on Jordan Mt Sun Mon. About two hundred yards wide maybe 1000 feet long, very obvious from the lift, lots of debris. Trees sheared about two foot down.

Interesting...try to get some pics.  It happened during the NW winds on Sun/Mon?  That's pretty impressive.  Getting tree damage in the winter in the mountains is impressive as with no leaves and hardened by cold, its hard to get those things to break.

Two more pack pictures to irk those with pack compensation issues. My son is 4 ft tall. 781 area code represent.

ae1fc6ccd7e9bcf74e884ff637b3d3a1.jpg

b0daf11c79ca720fe15cc08cf9be0000.jpg

Yeah it's super impressive in that area. Glad you back that up. That's what happens when you have more base. I'm sure a few rolled their eyes the other day when I was talking about the Marshfield area...but it's nothing like I've ever seen this late in the season. Hell even at home still.

Man, I have never, ever in my life, seen a pack this deep, this solid and glacial in nature around here.

Averages 12" of ice, and I do mean ice. I'm about 204lbs, and I can jump up and down, and sink about an inch or two....stood atop the pile next to the porch roof, from clearing it off, and I can almost see over the roof...I can just walk along the banking.

Incredible.

Most spots are between 10-13", but the 100% shade is 19".

I'm down about exactly 2' from the peak depth on 2/15.

Man, I have never, ever in my life, seen a pack this deep, this solid and glacial in nature around here.

Averages 12" of ice, and I do mean ice. I'm about 204lbs, and I can jump up and down, and sink about an inch or two....stood atop the pile next to the porch roof, from clearing it off, and I can almost see over the roof...I can just walk along the banking.

Incredible.

Most spots are between 10-13", but the 100% shade is 19".

I'm down about exactly 2' from the peak depth on 2/15.

total glacier

Current pack vs mid Feb(I think), I'm pretty sure you could have driven an 18 wheeler on top of it yesterday. Measured 9-15" depths throughout the yard. Shade is helping, more sunny spots in town are lower. Pack is much more stout with a little elevation at 1500ft plus..down here in the valley not so much.

post-10812-0-34271200-1427240568_thumb.j

post-10812-0-63789900-1427240622_thumb.j

post-10812-0-00872600-1427240640_thumb.j

post-10812-0-30241500-1427240656_thumb.j

Archived