joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a sure sign of spring just saw a bear sniffing around the neighbors house!

It caught sight of the dog and me and took of across the yard and adjoining field.

Crazy part is this thing was running full tilt across crunchy snow pack without making a whisper of noise. Fast too.

I'm a bit humbled.

Might go out tomorrow night same time sans dog but with camera.

In a sure sign of spring just saw a bear sniffing around the neighbors house!

It caught sight of the dog and me and took of across the yard and adjoining field.

Crazy part is this thing was running full tilt across crunchy snow pack without making a whisper of noise. Fast too.

I'm a bit humbled.

Might go out tomorrow night same time sans dog but with camera.

Awesome.

17. Boston Harbor SST 35. Yikes.

Gotta wonder if we are starting to breach some sort of metaphysical boundary at which this has protracted effects on our local climo.

We are are in uncharted territory here.

Granted, ssts are acutely malleable in nature...I get that, but at what point does this start to have a bit of a moderating effect on a the heart of summer, and subsequently the lead into to another potentially blockbuster winter.

Interesting.

TB ran for the hills naked after Steve took a dump in the hot tub. Can't blame tequila Barry....I'd have been right there with him!

yikes that's ugly all around. The rest of our friends up here would have been puking just from seeing TB,lol. The crew is itching to launch this morning, fast, cold enough yet warm enough. Blue bird conditions with a warming sun. Yesterday was exactly how I like it minus the wind which died late day. Some great drifts around though.

snowpack continues to recede inward from one corner of my yard that is exposed,basically up to about 20 percent now bare ranging to a depth of about 10 inches in the shaded corner,but most of the middle of the yard probably around 4 to 5 inches, it's basically over here by Friday evening.

Still an 11" brick here though I admit that is not overly representative for the area. Around town snow depths look anywhere from 1-13". Most sun torched slopes are bare.

Archived