SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How close were you to the TOR? My parents were 1.5 miles away in Forest Park but my Moms uncle on Plumtree Rd. got nailed pretty good.

as the crow flies less than a half mile, had leaf and branch debris in the streets, i hid in the basement with my dogs and as it passes to the ne it got pitch black like middle of the night...no rain just thunder and lightening....when i took the dogs out afterwards a few neighbors had commented it was clearly visible...i do remember briefly looking out the window when i was in the basement and while i didnt see the tornado i could see clouds spinning above as the whole meso was just rotating....

Nice. Looks stout there. Must be awesome in wooded spots.

Also, this is a great example of Tippy's cars warming nicely in the approaching 50 degree sun angle. Must have been 53-58 degrees in those vehicles without even being turned on. In four weeks Tippy's cars will probably get to a blistering 95 degrees, even in a 47 degree day under bluebird skies. Winter is loosing out to all of u not wanting it to end. Your first bug and bud is getting closer.

as the crow flies less than a half mile, had leaf and branch debris in the streets, i hid in the basement with my dogs and as it passes to the ne it got pitch black like middle of the night...no rain just thunder and lightening....when i took the dogs out afterwards a few neighbors had commented it was clearly visible...i do remember briefly looking out the window when i was in the basement and while i didnt see the tornado i could see clouds spinning above as the whole meso was just rotating....

At least you guys do severe well.

At least you guys do severe well.

there were three rounds of storms that day, but the second round which dropped the second weaker tornado about five miles ne was every bit as creepy....i will never forget the constant rolling thunder and the lime greenish yellow sky to the ne....then round three was garden variety cold front severe with heavy rain pea size hail winds to 40 or so and lots of cg lightning etc but not scary like first two rounds

There is a great thread from that day. Just have to go back and look.[/quote

I went back on my phone and could not find it just some recaps and summaries of after the event took place

I'll look when I get a chance. The actual thread stopped days later which makes it harder to find.

It probably got bumped at some point way after the fact. One reason why locking the threads makes it really nice for archiving.

unfortunately I've been looking extensively this morning and I could not find it, sad that such an epic event was not able to have been saved but I have enjoyed looking at some of the other memorable events. I did find some good threads on post mortem and pictures Etc. but there is nothing like tracking the build up to an epic moment.

I'm less than ten posts into that thread and it's funny that the same people that dissect the number of hours with FZRA on a 216 hour SWFE forecast poo poo forecasting severe weather beyond 3 days out.

The most amazing part about that event is we were up late at night waitjng for the NAM/GFS like a winter event more than 36 hours out. Rarely up here do we ever really get obsessed with soundings more than 24h out...but that one had "the look" so to speak even a couple days out.

Been a long time since I've been excited for a threat verbatim like that.

Lol...Kevin was poo-pooing it early on I just saw in the thread. It seems every single time he doesn't hype an event, it becomes a monster (6/1/11, 2/8/13, "no big storms in winter 2014-2015", etc). :lol:

Lol...Kevin was poo-pooing it early on I just saw in the thread. It seems every single time he doesn't hype an event, it becomes a monster (6/1/11, 2/8/13, "no big storms in winter 2014-2015", etc). :lol:

I pretty much bank on big things now when he downplays it.

Then again, there is always my "not gonna happen James." :lol:

Archived