SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God I can't wait for it to get warmer...like 70's. I'll just be sitting outside with a bottle of wine and nithing but a towel wrapped around my slender body and soaking up the sun. Just so tired of walking outside and being greeted by cold and wind and having to put my hands in my pockets and having 3 sweatshirts on.

Well that's not exactly setting the bar very high this year.

But count me as being the least excited about Buchholz.

Unless they go out and get an ace he will pitch more innings then clay will, Right now, That is all they have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully Clay doesn't lose his marbles again like he normally does by the end of June.

If I hear another interview from him about how much he enjoys watching the game from the dugout without the pressure of performing, I'm going to lose it. :lol:

I've never heard a player say that...normally they are all like "I can't wait to get back out there and help the team." Clay is like, "This is a relaxing way to be on an MLB team...I can be a part of the team without any actual stress."

We f*ck$ing hang ourselves.

I want the Colorado Rockies weather pattern in the spring...it's either beautiful and warm and sunny, or it's snowing. When it precipitates out there, they cool down enough to have a snowstorm, then the temp rises again. Here in the east, we tend to do the opposite, it warms up to precipitate and then gets cold for days after the weather system.

I want the Colorado Rockies weather pattern in the spring...it's either beautiful and warm and sunny, or it's snowing. When it precipitates out there, they cool down enough to have a snowstorm, then the temp rises again. Here in the east, we tend to do the opposite, it warms up to precipitate and then gets cold for days after the weather system.

Why is that out there? Upslope and/or very dry air?

Why is that out there? Upslope and/or very dry air?

Elevation (which also ties into the dry air)...when you are at 10,000 feet out in that climate, it is like the surface of the moon almost...sun comes out and you warm up nicely....sun goes down and it gets frigid.

Now add in clouds and wetbulbing, and the flakes start flying. It's actually funny to look at some of the sites like Telluride or Durango or even further north like Steamboat or Aspen...it goes the whole winter without any rain...every time they have measurable precip, its a snow event. I've seen coop sites have like a high of 60F in late February or early March and then the next day the high is 26F with 20" of snow. :lol:

Elevation (which also ties into the dry air)...when you are at 10,000 feet out in that climate, it is like the surface of the moon almost...sun comes out and you warm up nicely....sun goes down and it gets frigid.

Now add in clouds and wetbulbing, and the flakes start flying. It's actually funny to look at some of the sites like Telluride or Durango or even further north like Steamboat or Aspen...it goes the whole winter without any rain...every time they have measurable precip, its a snow event. I've seen coop sites have like a high of 60F in late February or early March and then the next day the high is 26F with 20" of snow. :lol:

Sounds like heaven.

Yeah it annoys the hell out of me lol. You'll see them go like 6 days of sunny skies and 55F in March, then as soon as storm clouds roll in it's 28F and snowing heavily. Next day there's 12" of snow, then the sun comes out and it goes back to 50F.

Here we'll have like a string of sunny days and brutal cold like the past 48 hours, only to have it warm up enough to rain, then it goes back into the freezer. I like their way better haha.

It's funny to think about what if the antecedent airmass didn't matter prior to a snow event? Like out west in Colorado they don't care that it's 60F the day before a snowstorm...if anything it just gives the storm more juice to work with and produces more snow. Back east it's all about that antecedent airmass and nearby cold sources. Out west they just create their own cold source.

Archived