Newest Member
    Toothache
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would think fire depts. know more than a weenie about fire conditions

Would think dendrite would know more about his local conditions, though, which might be different from places 100 miles south.  We had 0.29" RA overnight, ending about 7 this morning, and the forecast has PM showers each day for a while, so Smokey can turn his attention elsewhere.

As I have said many times, the best month of the year to get the hell away from New England...is April. Worst month of the year.

My wife is about to lose it over the next week I think.  Winter was bad enough.  When we had that stretch of 5 straight sunny mild days, I told her that's not how its going to be.

Today we've had the persistent flurry thing going on with breezy flakes floating by in little bursts.  It definitely feels like late October or early November minus the colorful leaves on the ground.  Like reverse stick season as there is nothing showing anything close to color yet. 

Looks more like a late October radar loop, too with windy snow showers and flurries from the lakes into the orographic areas.

April_23a_zpsjs5dqqfy.gif

My son started soccer practice last night (delayed a week or more due to field conditions).  First game is Saturday. One practice, and then a game.  They practice on the coldest part of town. I swear the temp drops about 10 degrees there.  It is absolutely miserable during these times, especially when the cold rain kicks in. ... Then, by early June it's 80's, high dews and the kids are sweating their balls off.  Football season is the opposite...Hot August to Cold November.

Would think dendrite would know more about his local conditions, though, which might be different from places 100 miles south. We had 0.29" RA overnight, ending about 7 this morning, and the forecast has PM showers each day for a while, so Smokey can turn his attention elsewhere.

there is standing water everywhere this morning, rapid green up of underbrush and I am in Ledyard lol

My son started soccer practice last night (delayed a week or more due to field conditions).  First game is Saturday. One practice, and then a game.  They practice on the coldest part of town. I swear the temp drops about 10 degrees there.  It is absolutely miserable during these times, especially when the cold rain kicks in. ... Then, by early June it's 80's, high dews and the kids are sweating their balls off.  Football season is the opposite...Hot August to Cold November.

Yep, for Lax you start out with coats and end in shorts only to do the opposite in the fall with football.

As I have said many times, the best month of the year to get the hell away from New England...is April. Worst month of the year.

Especially on the coast, but it holds for inland areas too.  Early April is still very good skiing so I would say 4/15-5/15... with 10/15-11/15 a close second.

AWT

Abington Fire PIO ‏@AbingtonFDPIO  16m

Brush fire at rear of Mt. Vernon cemetery.

CDSnNTGUIAAvegY.jpg
CDSnNThUEAAnjGt.jpg

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW YORK NY
342 AM EDT THU APR 23 2015

CTZ005>012-NJZ002-004-006-103>108-NYZ067>075-078>081-176>179-
232200-
NORTHERN FAIRFIELD-NORTHERN NEW HAVEN-NORTHERN MIDDLESEX-
NORTHERN NEW LONDON-SOUTHERN FAIRFIELD-SOUTHERN NEW HAVEN-
SOUTHERN MIDDLESEX-SOUTHERN NEW LONDON-WESTERN PASSAIC-
EASTERN PASSAIC-HUDSON-WESTERN BERGEN-EASTERN BERGEN-
WESTERN ESSEX-EASTERN ESSEX-WESTERN UNION-EASTERN UNION-ORANGE-