joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its great with snowcover and winter when you want to preserve it,, but by late April it's terrible .. And actually costs money with everyone heating homes . Softball with flurries temp of 36 and winds gusting to 30 last evening.. No thanks

But yet you have no problem with hot and humid weather starting in May so we have to flip on the central AC and waste money. Seems a little hypocritical on your part to bring up the economic argument when you want to go directly from cold to heat and not have an extended transition period where everything is shut off

But yet you have no problem with hot and humid weather starting in May so we have to flip on the central AC and waste money. Seems a little hypocritical on your part to bring up the economic argument when you want to go directly from cold to heat and not have an extended transition period where everything is shut off

He's never let facts get in the way of a great story. :maphot:

I would bet 20% of your posts over the years have been in direct response to something I've posted. Don't let me get to you.

I dusted off the Scooter Speedo because I was told summer is coming by the end of the month. :(

I'm glad I didn't pack away the ski gear yet when I heard "end of month cold pattern FTL"...I almost did.

Might be a great weekend to hit the slopes.

You definitely increased WinterWolfs post count this winter, he was on you like white on rice. 

You are also helping Scott close in on 100K :)

It's just me enjoying my passion of weather. It hits my head and I type it. Never meant to stir anyone up..but it seems to happen regardless.

We move onwards and upwards.

ugly....OKX still has us at 53, ain't happening

Last time I check OXC was 39 and DXR was 40. The low max record for today for DXR is 41 set back in 1967. No one that I know of hit on how abnormally cold it was expected to be today. Upper 30s and low 40s for late April for a max is quite impressive for here.

Last time I check OXC was 39 and DXR was 40. The low max record for today for DXR is 41 set back in 1967. No one that I know of hit on how abnormally cold it was expected to be today. Upper 30s and low 40s for late April for a max is quite impressive for here.

Wow-that's hideous.  The cloud deck is doing the dirty work...just 30 miles SW and it's full sun.

Kept hearing a really loud whistle... like the kind a kid would incessantly blow on.  I look outside and there is not a soul in sight, but there is a rarely seen turkey by my bird feeder.  The sound was coming from that direction and stopped when the turkey saw me and took off.  Some intense googling does not seem to reveal that they make this kind of call. 

Almost as good as the tracks-on-roof mystery.

Archived