Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

NIce!

I want to get a dog, too ... honestly I don't know if I trust myself. I once forgot to put water in my parent's cat's water bowl, and only when she was almost emaciated to death sitting by the dusty dry bowl barely mustering the energy to squeak chirpy meow did light dawn.. Luckily, she survived my stupidity ... I never saw a cat drink so much water, wow.

That event made me so guilty feeling. I don't think I'm the right guy for a pet.

But I've always been partial to Jack Russell terriers.. I live alone; not sure what I would do about going to work ... particularly in the winters.

I think owning a pet has to be taken very seriously, so if there is any doubt, don't :(

I agree. Too many people get a pet without realizing the responsibility that is required. I've had a dog for the last 16 years and no matter how much I love having them, I'm going to take a break when our current elderly beagle passes away. I probably won't be long without one but I do want to be able to be gone all day without worrying if my neighbor remembers to let her out or feel guilty about not spending enough time with her.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. Too many people get a pet without realizing the responsibility that is required. I've had a dog for the last 16 years and no matter how much I love having them, I'm going to take a break when our current elderly beagle passes away. I probably won't be long without one but I do want to be able to be gone all day without worrying if my neighbor remembers to let her out or feel guilty about not spending enough time with her.

I'm going through that right now with a 10-week old.... we raised puppies growing up in my family (gave them away at 18 months to be trained further for Guiding Eyes or Police programs) but I had forgotten how much work it is with the little ones.  My last guy passed away at 13.5 years old last summer...and I didn't want one during the winter, so picked her up a couple weeks ago.  It is certainly a lot of work.  Getting up at 2:30am for potty runs, can't leave her alone for more than like a couple hours at a time, and she always wants to play wild right when you are least interested, haha.  

But there are so many great things that dog companionship brings...they really are man's best friend.  I can't wait till I can wander around in the mountains with her by my side.  She just needs to get bigger and more stamina.

We went two years without a dog after our 15 years with our beloved Kona. Part of me enjoyed the years without as much responsibility, but they leave a big hole

We adopted a rescue dog last summer, Lily, and she has helped fill that hole

We went two years without a dog after our 15 years with our beloved Kona. Part of me enjoyed the years without as much responsibility, but they leave a big hole

We adopted a rescue dog last summer, Lily, and she has helped fill that hole

I had to put my 15 year old lab/collie mix down last summer. A rescue we had since she was 8 weeks old. I still miss her. Our 15 year old beagle was inherited from my father in law about 3 years ago when he had to go into a nursing home and then passed away. Dogs offer so much and ask so little in return. I know that when the time comes we won't be long without one but we will take a break. Any new dog we get will be a rescue too. There are way to many dogs that need homes. I couldn't do it any other way.

I don't know..I think a lot of CT especially higher el may have a tough time breaking out until late.It may be a lot of that 1500ft ceiling stuff. Models actually try to dry us out here in the east with the high nearby. Either way most areas will have a lousy first half of day I think.

I don't know..I think a lot of CT especially higher el may have a tough time breaking out until late.It may be a lot of that 1500ft ceiling stuff. Models actually try to dry us out here in the east with the high nearby. Either way most areas will have a lousy first half of day I think.

Tricky forecast for sure.  a 2 or 3 hour delay (or conversely 2-3 hour quicker burnoff) means all the difference.

Welcome to the burbs.   Here with a 5:43 AM sunrise, they're out by 5am right now

5am?  Here they start going after 4am...it's amazing because you start to see a glimmer of light and sure enough they start going.  Birds must like dawn because they make the most noise then but then seem to quiet down after the sun gets up.

I'll echo the thoughts about the dry days and cool nights.  I have a window fan that cools off the house quickly and it's nice to have the cool morning air.  30s yesterday and 40s this morning.  Could use some rain though....

Archived