Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Anafrontal Thumpul Discussion 3/5

TheSnowman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well we tried.  Southern stream got sharper over time but heights in southern Ontario/Quebec have been simultaneously trending lower, compressing the field.  Should still be a good stream of moisture for the N Mid-Atlantic and maybe southern areas of SNE.  I like this sort of setup 8 times out of 10 for a significant northward shift in the guidance in the 2-3 day range.

Caution flags were being waved Bruce Willis Die Hard 2 style before the 12z suite...might have been for good reason.

Caution flags aside.  When you see that big of a shift in successive model runs, then it's the model rather than the pattern.

Am I missing something here?  I liked the 12z NAM.

I dunno, did you see the large shift south?

Probably still gives you 3-4 inches there, but that is a big change from 06z which was far more robust.

It wouldn't take much more shift on that solution for even SE MA to S CT to get only an inch or two.

I dunno, did you see the large shift south?

Probably still gives you 3-4 inches there, but that is a big change from 06z which was far more robust.

It wouldn't take much more shift on that solution for even SE MA to S CT to get only an inch or two.

Yes, but I know it had to.  I was never expecting a NAM solution prior to today,  Looks more in line with other 00z guidance.

Archived