joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Anafrontal Thumpul Discussion 3/5

TheSnowman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't forget the sneaky weenie band models will never pick up on farther north of the main big Qpf area that was duscussed earlier. Lots of tricks try to be played on this one

How many Wednesday events have we watched trend south over the past month?

15Z RPM came significantly north of 12Z, we can all rest easy now...the king has spoken.

who was the dude who posted the you tube video melting down after the Blizzard fringed him? wonder if he is still alive/?

This ain't settled yet, 

Matt, H20town_wx,  hes a friend of mine and hes definitely alive and bitter :violin:  maybe hell poke his head in here today? :lmao:

That's a pretty sharp cutoff on the NAM, goes from 1" QPF on the North Shore of LI to barely anything on the other side of the LI Sound. At least in my experience, models tend to overdo the confluence and the cutoff isn't quite as drastic. It would really surprise me in NYC got 6" and BOS got nothing.

That's a pretty sharp cutoff on the NAM, goes from 1" QPF on the North Shore of LI to barely anything on the other side of the LI Sound. At least in my experience, models tend to overdo the confluence and the cutoff isn't quite as drastic. It would really surprise me in NYC got 6" and BOS got nothing.

It seemed the upper level features looked better. Qpf is useless at this point..

Its distinctly possible this still nearly misses NYC...the tendency the last 6 weeks has been S and E movement in the 60-36 hour range followed by continual small jogs south after that, they may see 1-2 or while TTN sees 6 or more.

Its distinctly possible this still nearly misses NYC...the tendency the last 6 weeks has been S and E movement in the 60-36 hour range followed by continual small jogs south after that, they may see 1-2 or while TTN sees 6 or more.

I don"t think the folks in DC agree with that assessment, there have been some north moves too, what has trended south are the cutters and inside runners. I give this a very good shot of hitting NYC with warning snow.

I don"t think the folks in DC agree with that assessment, there have been some north moves too, what has trended south are the cutters and inside runners. I give this a very good shot of hitting NYC with warning snow.

All I know is if we don't see the trend south stop at 0z, I will lose all confidence in verifying warning anywhere in SNE. 

One thing that has stuck out on all modeling starting in West Virginia the other day, each model run cut back precip to the NE while increasing it to the SW, that has now occurred in SE PA which is now pumping up the QPF, something to watch, it may indicate some changes afoot especially for SCT and NYC

Archived