joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Anafrontal Thumpul Discussion 3/5

TheSnowman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That doesn't really help us since it includes tonight's precip.

I do agree the RGEM looked slightly better at 18z vs 12z, but that precip map that includes the entire run is not really relevant for just the anafront portion of the event.

I do agree the RGEM looked slightly better at 18z vs 12z, but that precip map that includes the entire run is not really relevant for just the anafront portion of the event.

well you figure out how to separate it , geez, its further north

Well, box are giving themselves the opportunity to look at runs closer to the time and see how this stage plays out as well.  That's exactly what a watch is for, but it seems we'll go watch into advisory unless something changes.  The last low warning didn't verify either, but better safe than sorry.

Well, box are giving themselves the opportunity to look at runs closer to the time and see how this stage plays out as well.  That's exactly what a watch is for, but it seems we'll go watch into advisory unless something changes.  The last low warning didn't verify either, but better safe than sorry.

there were widespread 6's in washington county

I just don't see the need to always run with the coldest and snowiest models. I really think 00z is an important run to see what we have. That's fine if you want to go with your own ideas, but there are plenty of reasons that this could be a really minor event. I would say the same statement if I lived in Miscquamicut or Stowe.

I just don't see the need to always run with the coldest and snowiest models. I really think 00z is an important run to see what we have. That's fine if you want to go with your own ideas, but there are plenty of reasons that this could be a really minor event. I would say the same statement if I lived in Miscquamicut or Stowe.

Yeah I am with you. I don't think it's a big event. I think we lost the chance at warning snows..but still think a high end advisory is on the table anyway. Hope this doesn't come across as annoying. it's not meant to be.

Yeah I am with you. I don't think it's a big event. I think we lost the chance at warning snows..but still think a high end advisory is on the table anyway. Hope this doesn't come across as annoying. it's not meant to be.

It's not. Everyone has ideas, and I know Steve throws the RGEM at us which does look better. But we all have seen it before and IMHO I'd rather wait to see what 00z does. That dam confluence is a killer. I'm not trying to force or change any opinion, just my thoughts. I think Will and others share similar thoughts too.

It's not. Everyone has ideas, and I know Steve throws the RGEM at us which does look better. But we all have seen it before and IMHO I'd rather wait to see what 00z does. That dam confluence is a killer. I'm not trying to force or change any opinion, just my thoughts. I think Will and others share similar thoughts too.

No I know. And that was what I thought I was doing. But it seemed some were annoyed. Anyway.. Do you think confluence may trend a bit weaker?

No I know. And that was what I thought I was doing. But it seemed some were annoyed. Anyway.. Do you think confluence may trend a bit weaker?

It's tough to predict that. Those ridges out west where the top sort of folds over seems to be a theme lately. I think the confluence stays so what I want to see is the same that others have stated. A stronger srn s/w that isn't left behind and stretched out to the southwest. You need that to real curl up at the base of the trough and pump up heights over the SE. If that happens, then the flow in the mid levels backs to a more SW direction which would bring the snow in. Otherwise you get something where the snow tries to bulge north but then gets shunted east as the flow aloft stays WSW and that nrn stream trough presses down on us.

Go snowy or go home sometimes is the motto on here.

I think this one probably warrants the big caution flag seeing the trends in the past 24 hours.

To me the 18Z RGEM ticked south with the precip for the anafront. Valid the same time the precip shield is farther south than 12Z, the reason I think it looks better is because it has an extra 12 hours, 6 at 48 and 12 at 54 that we couldn't see with the 12Z run. Correct me if im wrong here but it looked like a negative trend.

post-12274-0-09183200-1425429074_thumb.g

post-12274-0-63239300-1425429079_thumb.g

Archived