joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Anafrontal Thumpul Discussion 3/5

TheSnowman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

00z NAM was definitely more robust N of the pike than the 12z Ukie...but we are talking fine points...like 25-30 miles. My guess is even the Ukie would produce pretty well north of the pike when you look at the forcing/MLs.

Are you looking at the wrong run perhaps? 0z MAG graphics look just like the WxBell one above.

I'm looking at the .75" line and it did cut back qpf north of the pike from 18z. 0.5" does extend pretty far, but I was focusing on the .75" line.

Max, I'm with you re 18z Nam. Clearly more robust than 12z. It will be interesting to see what the RGEM shows. Nam not giving in at 0z

Wish I could see the 0z frontogenesis plot on that NAM run. Probably banding around us if I had to guess.

Meh it's the NAM. Double A spring training but Wxniss is glued to the set

Aren't we all lol

I want this record to be destroyed in style.

And I love it when attention shifts to the unexpected. This anafrontal event was once an afterthought to the preceding SWFE.

The NAM in 1 run isolation would be totally dismissible, but consistent big hits + support of some ensemble members... this is the most viable moderate potential we've had since the 2/15 blizzard, imo.

Want to see more operational big models come aboard. And we need to be careful this doesn't surge significantly further north. 0z NAM was actually cooler.

Wish I could see the 0z frontogenesis plot on that NAM run. Probably banding around us if I had to guess.

Just extrapolating from 850 winds, would guess a stripe northern CT into southeastern MA between hours 57-60... great signal

Thursday AM commute ftl

Archived