SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Anafrontal Thumpul Discussion 3/5

TheSnowman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I figured that...Thank You for the answer.  Being the Euro's known bias is to drag it's heels in the Southwest almost all the time, do you feel this is it playing into it's bias??

I don't think it has the bias it once had. That said, it doesn't mean the 12z solution is 100% correct either. I hate these setups because small nuances have such a big outcome in what we see up our way.  Usually it's best to proceed with caution until guidance really hits it hard. Might need another couple of runs to figure it out.

I think that was before it was upgraded again, but I could be wrong.

It was, but it performed very well last winter after an upgrade and it actually started this winter off strong...dominating other guidance in the Thanksgiving event...it then got one of those VT paste jobs right when other guidance was well east....after that though, it seemed to unravel starting with the blizzard and the wheels came off during February.

It will be back I'm sure.

It was, but it performed very well last winter after an upgrade and it actually started this winter off strong...dominating other guidance in the Thanksgiving event...it then got one of those VT paste jobs right when other guidance was well east....after that though, it seemed to unravel starting with the blizzard and the wheels came off during February.

It will be back I'm sure.

Wouldn't be surprised if it starts dominating again here once the -EPO relaxes. No evidence, just a feeling

Euro ensembles are a bit more bullish than the OP run.

Looks like it has solid advisory for all of SNE and not just southern areas. South coast might be warning criteria but BL issues might be a problem the first 6-8 hours.

Euro ensembles are a bit more bullish than the OP run.

Looks like it has solid advisory for all of SNE and not just southern areas. South coast might be warning criteria but BL issues might be a problem the first 6-8 hours.

Good news. Yeah it's pretty much a given that we'll be fighting the BL in the early stages, but it will also last a bit longer down here.

How far north does the meaningful precip get?

Good news. Yeah it's pretty much a given that we'll be fighting the BL in the early stages, but it will also last a bit longer down here.

How far north does the meaningful precip get?

Depends on what you defined as meaningful...it gets 0.1" near CON...0.2" up to around the S NH/ S VT borders. 0.3" BOS-ORH-BAF

Hopefully it is a sign that this will trend more robust as we get closer. A more robust solution should benefit everyone I think...you'll rain longer on the front, but will get destroyed when it flips over...maybe flash freeze. Hopefully the more dynamic solutions can start to show up.

Archived