• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Anafrontal Thumpul Discussion 3/5

TheSnowman

If this comes, it pounds.  Stream of moisture with this one.  None of this -SN through dim sun that we've been getting out here for a month.  If that southern stream wave can buckle the field a little bit, this things shoots much further north.  Won't take much for baro leaf formation and blossoming precip.  Everything is going to compress south in the end... but hopefully not after a surging precip field well into CNE.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this comes, it pounds.  Stream of moisture with this one.  None of this -SN through dim sun that we've been getting out here for a month.  If that southern stream wave can buckle the field a little bit, this things shoots much further north.  Won't take much for baro leaf formation and blossoming precip.  Everything is going to compress south in the end... but hopefully not after a surging precip field well into CNE.

Sounds like you are on the edge. Step back.

I do agree if we can get this moisture far enough NW, it's gonna be pretty nice. You have warm moist air riding steeply over the frontal boundary onto the cold side. That's going to be good lift and a lot of warm moist air forced into a region that offers a lot of resistance.

There will be frontogenesis fetishes flying around if this is robust enough.

Would this start as rain and flip to snow for the interior or wire to wire snow?

Right now my gut says any rain at the start would be brief for the interior...I'd think you guys flip fairly quickly especially with elevation. Valley and shoreline will have to wait a little longer for a flip. But still a good bit of time, I'm sure that will change.

I think if it's delayed somewhat, we would have time for the atmosphere to cool more before the onset of precip.

I think the surface will be slow to cool in the lower elevations.  I think elevation will help with this, especially early on.  Rain could hang on longer than expected... or an extended period of 35 and snow.

We're gonna want that southern stream energy to be involved more if we are aiming for a warning event...northern stream will only minorly compensate for it to a point.

It's too bad that the Euro left a bit more energy behind because earlier in the run, the baroclinic axis was set up nicely west to really give this thing an excellent chance to be a larger event.

We'll see if we can trend that extra energy out of the SW on future runs...but the clock is ticking fast.

Archived