• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Anafrontal Thumpul Discussion 3/5

TheSnowman

GGEM really pulls the southern energy around fast, so it makes a late recovery despite the early suppression, it actually ends up just a shade better than 12z.

So that was a nice turn after the early frames. But the trend of the more overbearing northern stream is still worrisome to me.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GGEM really pulls the southern energy around fast, so it makes a late recovery despite the early suppression, it actually ends up just a shade better than 12z.

So that was a nice turn after the early frames. But the trend of the more overbearing northern stream is still worrisome to me.

Well that is somewhat encouraging that it made some improvements from 12z. So we will see what the Ukie shows in a few minutes. It was very nice on its last run, hope it stays that way?

Was skiing most of day, so not up to snuff on how all the 12z models were.

Was Canadian warning S coast /Advisory Pike 'ish

Was skiing most of day, so not up to snuff on how all the 12z models were.

Was Canadian warning S coast /Advisory Pike 'ish

Yeah that is about right...probably some BL issues for S coast though early on, so warning may be marginal...hard to say for sure. 00z didn't end up much different, maybe a little bit more pike region and the periphery to the north perhaps slightly more generous.

When are the run times for the UKMET (on the earliest available site) wxbell doesn't update till like 3AM.

Ukie should be out soon...usually between about 1145-12. It used to come out much earlier on the plymouth state site but no longer. Too bad as that was pretty nice.

Did they stop maintaining that site? I used to use it daily, but it seems like many of the products have been broken for ages.

I'm pretty sure UKMET changed the way they release their data, I know it's a reason it has been harder to find recently than it was like 5 years ago.

Euro looks very marginally better than 12z...but essentially model noise for a 60 hour prog. A bit better energy on the base of trough. Still basically an advisory event for most of SNE except far northern near the NH border.

I'd say the 00z suite was pretty much stagnant from the 12z.

Was hoping to see a noticable move toward more robust if we're going for a warning event, but we're running out of time having gone through one more cycle 60 hours out with little to no improvement.

Euro looks very marginally better than 12z...but essentially model noise for a 60 hour prog. A bit better energy on the base of trough. Still basically an advisory event for most of SNE except far northern near the NH border.

I'd say the 00z suite was pretty much stagnant from the 12z.

Was hoping to see a noticable move toward more robust if we're going for a warning event, but we're running out of time having gone through one more cycle 60 hours out with little to no improvement.

Interestingly, 0z Euro looked better in MD / PA / NJ compared to 0z.

Compare hours 48-60, the system is more juiced and ticked further NW.

But those initially better changes hit a wall south of Long Island, and the QPF just shifts more east than northeast.

Maybe stronger confluence this run?

I wonder what models will be more prone to underestimate: confluence or the shortwave energy down south.

Not much of a shift in that balance to get us the goldilocks solution.

Funny how bullish ensembles are compared to the op...esp GFS vs GEFS.  Will is right about the nrn stream confluence...the srn part is improving I think..but the nrn stream confluence is hurting us too. I do think this will have an impressive frontogenesis band on the nrn edge. Now where does this set up?

Is that the case??

I can't see the members..maybe someone else can, but it's something to always keep in mind. We are also at the point where the baton is handed off to the op runs vs the ensembles.  We'll see what 12z brings, but IMHO...I would keep things in perspective and not get too bullish. Unless, the 12z runs go nuts of course. 

I can't see the members..maybe someone else can, but it's something to always keep in mind. We are also at the point where the baton is handed off to the op runs vs the ensembles.  We'll see what 12z brings, but IMHO...I would keep things in perspective and not get too bullish. Unless, the 12z runs go nuts of course. 

Well yeah not getting too crazy yet..but I do feel  fairly confident in 6 inches  to the Pike. the potential is there for more though

Well yeah not getting too crazy yet..but I do feel  fairly confident in 6 inches at  to the Pike. the potential is there for more though

There should be an awesome band close to the NW edge of this.  Just a matter of whether or not it gets to I-90 or ACK..lol.

Archived