joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 5th Snow Threat

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NAM is better Baltimore and North, cutoff on IWM is redicolous, 3" and 6" line are like right on top of each other. Snow ends at like 5:00pm probably. If all the other models were like this we would have mass panic. I like where we stand, 4-8/6-10 seems reasonable.

NAM is now 24 hours away guys...cant use the 72-84 excuse.

True, but it's nice to know it's an outlier solution even 30-36 hours out. I mean, with the degree (and longevity) of warming aloft, the NAM is getting zero support from the other models. Though it does have better vertical resolution, if the mass fields aren't right, then neither will the thermal profiles. I'd be more concerned if other models were trending toward the NAM.

Honestly, I believe our lives as forecasters would be so much easier if the NAM were to only run out to 36 hrs, or not at all..

True, but it's nice to know it's an outlier solution even 30-36 hours out. I mean, with the degree (and longevity) of warming aloft, the NAM is getting zero support from the other models. Though it does have better vertical resolution, if the mass fields aren't right, then neither will the thermal profiles. I'd be more concerned if other models were trending toward the NAM.

Honestly, I believe our lives as forecasters would be so much easier if the NAM were to only run out to 36 hrs, or not at all..

I couldn't agree more.  The differences aloft from run to run are comical.

Wow, really lowered the probs since yesterday. Must be basing it all off the Nam. According to every model including the Nam i get 4" yet you have me on the 10-40% border.

You might have to press F5 to get the newest maps... I had to because it showed the morning ones first then changed to the afternoon ones

I wouldn't discount it completely especially since I'm not sure if every feature is sampled well. But I'm not too worried.

Enough large differences to question it but not sure it can be totally tossed. WPC is kinda north too. nAM would maybe be fine if it brought heavier east though probably.. It's dry around here initially once it could be snow with help.

Archived