wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
March 5th Snow Threat

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The GFS is hanging on to the idea of a Western and North Eastern precip max. With lesser accums in the middle. Not that I would complain about 6-8 inches.

you must be new here. ;)

the people worried about the NAM are nuts, the cold is pressing and the wave is not trending stronger on any guidance. If anything this reminds me of the march system last year, I think anyone north of Baltimore has way more to fear from a south trend then anything else.

There's not one worry about the NAM. Not one post.

9z looks like 25 and snow for DCA

Yes, I think snow will be falling even with surfaces of 34/35 late Wed/early Thurs., by the time we get into post dawn Thursday it will be moderate+ snow, snow on the ground, and 25-28 for temperatures. This is not some 12 noon start time with 34* temps at onset. The March sun effect will not be anything more than marginal if that.

Folks, we now know have a storm on our hands -- the north and west crew are worried about being fringed.

yea and why shouldn't I be, I have been fringed by every storm this year, either to the north of the south.  I would like one flush bullseye hit before the season is over.  I dont need to have the most, if I get 8 and someone gets 10 I dont care a bit, but not another storm where I get 3 and someone south gets 8 or I get 7 and 20 miles south of me gets 13. 

yea and why shouldn't I be, I have been fringed by every storm this year, either to the north of the south.  I would like one flush bullseye hit before the season is over.  I dont need to have the most, if I get 8 and someone gets 10 I dont care a bit, but not another storm where I get 3 and someone south gets 8 or I get 7 and 20 miles south of me gets 13. 

You still have more snow on the season than everyone else, I'm sure. I don't think there have been any flush hits this season. You'll get banded just fine, I'm sure.

You still have more snow on the season than everyone else, I'm sure. I don't think there have been any flush hits this season. You'll get banded just fine, I'm sure.

I doubt that, I think some places just south of me have more, I know in the last few weeks they have beaten me by at least a couple inches every storm. 

Archived