• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
March 5th Snow Threat

WxUSAF

I don't think the models are high enough for qpf Thursday AM. Experience and knowledge over years of forecasting...if you open the pacific and the gulf and run that kind of tropical tap into arctic air some crazy things can happen. I'm real excited for an event like this. Could be intense rates in local banding, some thunder in the frontogenetical forcing, high sleet rates etc.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think the models are high enough for qpf Thursday AM. Experience and knowledge over years of forecasting...if you open the pacific and the gulf and run that kind of tropical tap into arctic air some crazy things can happen. I'm real excited for an event like this. Could be intense rates in local banding, some thunder in the frontogenetical forcing, high sleet rates etc.

Talk dirty to me. Nice to see this trend continuing on the evening models of cold air advection. Just hope things don't get dry.

This isn't even banter.

It is the equiv. of

"Don't worry Babe, its only a cold sore."

"Mabel...I've been true and faithful to you all these years, by and large."

Are you ok? I'm asking this to be nice. There have been some interesting posts the past couple days

These are top shelf posts...but...will your idea show up on the 700 mb analysis?  I need to see some graphics in order to learn.

I think we want to look at vertical velocities and moisture advection...please enlighten us.

Could you explain the thunder in the frotogentical forcing part?  I am confused

Are you ok? I'm asking this to be nice. There have been some interesting posts the past couple days

Teasing Ji.   I'm OK, having fun.   Please consider my recent post asking for techniques to understand you comment about getting heavy amounts of precipitation.   I'm getting fascinated with our developing storm.

You are 5 to 7" higher than most people south of you in Carroll and Balt counties.

perhaps, I did get a ton of 2" type snows on the southern fringe of the storms that crushed the northeast.  But honestly you can keep them, for me the total is irrelavent its HOW you get to the total.  I would take a year with 20" that had a 12" storm over a 50" season with nothing over 5".  I am weird.  Anyways I am not going to comment anymore because this is going to be a great event that 99 percent of the people on here are going to enjoy, no reason for me to pout. 

Could you explain the thunder in the frotogentical forcing part? I am confused

When you get strong vertical velocities within a deformation zone aloft. Thunder snow can result. We have the front plus the VV's and instability. Those areas where F-Gen forcing occurs in the dendritic snow growth zone...-8 to -15 layer you get intense rates.

Archived