Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Met Spring Banter Thread

HailMan06

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I post about what happens here when it gets interesting, and it's the banter thread on a weather forum. If the mods don't like it, I'll stop posting about it. And besides, post one month from now, we enter super hot season so there won't be many more anyway.

Why would any rational person have an issue with what you were/doing? Lol. If you post about liking super hot weather ill ban you tho.

because it's so exciting here right now...talk of phantom rains and whether it's 80 or 82 out...exciting stuff there

The temperatures are really warm but not quite high enough to be more interesting. But we could have a top 5 or 10 warm May if this keeps up.

The pollen is also everywhere and a good soaking would be nice.

I post about what happens here when it gets interesting, and it's the banter thread on a weather forum. If the mods don't like it, I'll stop posting about it. And besides, post one month from now, we enter super hot season so there won't be many more anyway.

Dude most of us enjoy your posts.

Jealous much? He will see more severe verifying storms this spring then his whole life in long beach.

That fuking rocks. And anyone that has experienced a real Texas super cell would love to relive it all day any day

True severe events were few and far between living in Long Beach. The most common warning for thunderstorms

that verified in Long Beach was for flooding. I had a small number of severe wind events over the years and only

one severe hail (3/4 inch) with the Labor Derecho in 1998. To this day that is my only 3/4" hail combined

with 50-60 mph winds living in Long Beach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxYp3WoTHRc

Guest Pamela

I didn't realize that proper grammar was a necessity on a weather board :lol:

Only if you want the readers to understand what you've typed...

Guest Pamela

I trust that you're smart enough to realize that a Masters degree and intelligence are not synonymous in the real world.   

Maybe not in the real world; but I've heard that they are practically indistinquishable on Road Rules...

True severe events were few and far between living in Long Beach. The most common warning for thunderstorms

that verified in Long Beach was for flooding. I had a small number of severe wind events over the years and only

one severe hail (3/4 inch) with the Labor Derecho in 1998. To this day that is my only 3/4" hail combined

with 50-60 mph winds living in Long Beach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxYp3WoTHRc

Labor Day is king. Dark as night insane winds!!! No hail where is was in east meadow when it hit.

There was a storm in the early 90s that had a good micro burst. I still have the cover of newsday it said 5 o'clock shadow

Will be a great Friday-Sunday at the beach.

Maybe not. Fog may hold onto the coast all day according to Upton. This can happen this time of year with the ocean still only in the upper 40s to near 50.

LONG TERM /SATURDAY THROUGH THURSDAY/...

AN UPPER LEVEL RIDGE PERSISTS ACROSS THE EASTERN SEABOARD THIS

WEEKEND WHILE A SURFACE LOW SPINS OFF THE CAROLINA COAST. A SOUTH

TO SOUTHEAST FLOW WILL CONTINUE TO PUSH WARM MOIST AIR ACROSS THE

AREA OVER THE WEEKEND. THIS SHOULD ALLOW FOR SOME EXTENSIVE FOG

AND DRIZZLE. THE FOG WILL BURN OFF EACH DAY ACROSS THE INTERIOR

SECTIONS FIRST..WITH PLACES ALONG THE COAST HOLDING ON TO THE FOG

LONGER AND POSSIBLY NOT BURNING THRU THE FOG AT ALL.

Maybe not. Fog may hold onto the coast all day according to Upton. This can happen this time of year with the ocean still only in the upper 40s to near 50.

LONG TERM /SATURDAY THROUGH THURSDAY/...

AN UPPER LEVEL RIDGE PERSISTS ACROSS THE EASTERN SEABOARD THIS

WEEKEND WHILE A SURFACE LOW SPINS OFF THE CAROLINA COAST. A SOUTH

TO SOUTHEAST FLOW WILL CONTINUE TO PUSH WARM MOIST AIR ACROSS THE

AREA OVER THE WEEKEND. THIS SHOULD ALLOW FOR SOME EXTENSIVE FOG

AND DRIZZLE. THE FOG WILL BURN OFF EACH DAY ACROSS THE INTERIOR

SECTIONS FIRST..WITH PLACES ALONG THE COAST HOLDING ON TO THE FOG

LONGER AND POSSIBLY NOT BURNING THRU THE FOG AT ALL.

Nah i think we'll get into the 70s here. Maybe eastern LI will stay in the 50s

Storms are firing south and west of here, which kinda surprises me because we've been cloudy all day, but we'll see how that goes. North of here is set to be blasted today and tomorrow, our chance is most likely Sunday when the front and low move east, although we're under a slight risk tomorrow. If the cap can break down here we should be set.

For those who like heat, the dewpoint down here is in the mid 70s today, and the recent heavy rain makes it feel like a rainforest. It feels like the deep tropics outside, disgusting humidity.

I can't remember the last time I was this board with the weather. We've literally had nothing but duds here for as long as I can remember. As good as last Winter was, it still was lackluster out this

way in terms of the strength and duration of systems.

Summer and spring is anything but boring its suppose to be the feel good times of your life not rain and storms

Archived