joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Spring Banter Thread

HailMan06

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was insane.  That was a once a decade or greater event right there.  

With that strong Nino developing anything that develops in the Western or Central Gulf will likely be carried Northeastward towards the area. And I'm not just talking about full blown tropical systems. We should have a steady train of storms come late in the season.

With that strong Nino developing anything that develops in the Western or Central Gulf will likely be carried Northeastward towards the area. And I'm not just talking about full blown tropical systems. We should have a steady train of storms come late in the season.

I'd agree.  I'd like to see a more moderate or weak El Nino for winter otherwise we'll torch.

west facing slopes of the mountains of Hawaii?

East facing windward side gets the crazy rain. You can have 300" a year on the east side and 30 on the west. Not as extreme as the Andes with Aticama and Amazon though. The west slopes get their share of rain too with synoptic events as they are surrounded by water.

Isentropic would be jealous. The forecaster doing the nws spotter course was the forecaster who was providing the forecasts during the record 13 inch rain event in islip. Recapping the whole event. Islip received 1 inch in 9 minutes.

Isentropic would be jealous. The forecaster doing the nws spotter course was the forecaster who was providing the forecasts during the record 13 inch rain event in islip. Recapping the whole event. Islip received 1 inch in 9 minutes.

I cant go to the one in Bridgeport. When will they do this again?

Archived