• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Spring Banter Thread

HailMan06

This is some of the heaviest rain I think I've ever seen. I can barely see the next building over at my apartment complex. Estimates of 3" of rain now on the west side of Austin, and Round Rock (north side of town) is up to 5" of rain now.

Flash Flood Emergency in effect now for the city.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I posted a couple photos from the aftermath in the picture thread-check it out. 

Also, here is a photo gallery with the flooding in Austin and other areas in central TX. The damage downtown and in other very populated areas here is severe to say the least. I'm lucky I don't live on one of the creeks-they essentially became downhill torrents. 

http://www.statesman.com/gallery/weather/central-texas-storms-052315/gCSyy/#7331779

Videos:

http://www.statesman.com/weather/austin-flooding-reader-videos-052515/

I posted a couple photos from the aftermath in the picture thread-check it out. 

Also, here is a photo gallery with the flooding in Austin and other areas in central TX. The damage downtown and in other very populated areas here is severe to say the least. I'm lucky I don't live on one of the creeks-they essentially became downhill torrents. 

Just crazy - seems like every day you guys are pulling in rain that's matching the totals we have season or year to date.

Just crazy - seems like every day you guys are pulling in rain that's matching the totals we have season or year to date.

Austin is at between 13 and 18 inches of rain for the month, and there will probably be more at some point before the end of the month-we have T-storm chances each day and another organized STJ system from Mexico late this week. Camp Mabry near downtown is at almost 17" and wettest May on record. 

Edit: And just like that, there are MORE storms firing west of town on a bee-line for at least south Austin. I heard a couple of rumbles of thunder in the last 2-3 minutes. 

Archived