Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Met Spring Banter Thread

HailMan06

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just found a great Sandy gallery from Long Beach. This photographer was able to take

some really slow exposures and capture the view of the tidal surge as the moon broke

through the clouds. My neighbor described a similar experience where he couldn't

really see the progress of the surge after the power went out until it was lit up

by the moonlight. You can run through his extensive gallery and see the parked cars pushed

up Monroe Blvd near Shore Road and Broadway by the force of the surge.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sjaybone/8149290942/in/set-72157632141843822

I fixed it for you.

Right, but I was talking more about the fans that do show up even when the team isn't doing well. 

They were locked into a terrible lease and that combined with terrible play is why support on the island has been dwindling, so when it became time for a new building, they couldn't get public support. That, and taxes there are already insane. 

Now they are going to be doing a major renovation/redevelopment of the Coliseum, and it would be nice to see the Islanders end up back there eventually.

Right, but I was talking more about the fans that do show up even when the team isn't doing well. 

They were locked into a terrible lease and that combined with terrible play is why support on the island has been dwindling, so when it became time for a new building, they couldn't get public support. That, and taxes there are already insane. 

Now they are going to be doing a major renovation/redevelopment of the Coliseum, and it would be nice to see the Islanders end up back there eventually.

It is what it is. If they are die hard fans they will make the trip. LIRR stops right on the corner.

Could be another exciting severe outbreak today with a strong low over the TX Panhandle, dry line and warm front over N TX. Shear and CAPE values should be favorable for supercells and tornadoes today across TX. It's currently trying to clear out from low clouds (dewpoint is 71 now so it feels like a soup outside) and if we can have sun for a few hours we should be in business.

Could be another exciting severe outbreak today with a strong low over the TX Panhandle, dry line and warm front over N TX. Shear and CAPE values should be favorable for supercells and tornadoes today across TX. It's currently trying to clear out from low clouds (dewpoint is 71 now so it feels like a soup outside) and if we can have sun for a few hours we should be in business.

Now we are talking real severe.

Wow, 60-70 knot shear values coming in and CAPE is rising behind the rain we had this morning. Still pretty cloudy here but sun is trying to peek through. This could be a very nasty outbreak today with tornadoes from here on north. Dallas looks to be "ground zero" with the threat but it spans over a huge area all the way to Kansas. Obviously tons of humidity as well where I am.

Wow, 60-70 knot shear values coming in and CAPE is rising behind the rain we had this morning. Still pretty cloudy here but sun is trying to peek through. This could be a very nasty outbreak today with tornadoes from here on north. Dallas looks to be "ground zero" with the threat but it spans over a huge area all the way to Kansas. Obviously tons of humidity as well where I am.

JM, per the HRRR looks like you have to wait until after 02z or so in order to get the action that far South. Most of the other activity looks to focused further North between Dallas and the Oklahoma border.

JM, per the HRRR looks like you have to wait until after 02z or so in order to get the action that far South. Most of the other activity looks to focused further North between Dallas and the Oklahoma border.

They're closer to the warm front and surface low so it makes sense they have the highest threat but this setup to me looks even better than on Saturday when we had wind damage and up to 2" hail around Austin. Definitely a higher tornado risk. It's always a crap shoot though when dealing with severe.

Archived